UNICEF announces vacancy for WASH Consultant (Individual). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The duration of the contract will be for six months. The contract is expected to commence from 10 July 2019 to 31 December 2019.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the consortium of NGOs and UNICEF Field Offices in delivering and achieving target of Water Safety Plan (WSP) and Water Safe Community (WSC) Declaration.
The above objective and the tasks are directly related to following outcomes and outputs of UNICEF Nepal Country Program Action Plan (2018-2022) as given below:
- Outcome No. 5: By 2022, children and their families have improved and equitable access to and use of safe and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, and improved hygiene practices.
- Output 5.1: Increased capacity to improve water quality and functionality and to deliver and sustain safe water (especially schools and health care facilities)
The broader key areas of activities of the consultancy would be following but not limiting to:
- Assist consortium of NGOs and UNICEF field offices to deliver training on Water Safety Plan in selected Water Sanitation Users Committees (WSUCs) and to demonstrate water safety plan (WSP) development and implementation at selected communities,
- Assist consortium of NGOs and UNICEF field office to build capacity of identified plaikas and Civil Society Organisation/s (CSO) on establishment of water quality monitoring mechanism including water quality testing work,
- Provide technical support to consortium of NGOs and UNICEF field offices for the Water Safe Community Declaration in identified schemes/ communities of the Palikas with clarity on process of guidelines developed by UNICEF and DWSSM (Department of Water Supply and Sewerage Management)
- Provide technical support to consortium of NGOs to conduct quality assurance monitoring of and provide strategic guidance to Water Safe Community being declared by Palikas (Local Government), UNICEF and other agencies so that to ensure harmonization in methodology and processes.
Advanced university’s degree preferably with Environmental Science/Natural Resource Management, specialized in water quality and water supply from recognized university.
Minimum 7 years of professional work and experience on WASH sector, understanding on Water Safety Plan and Water Safe Community declaration process (SDGs 6.1 and SDGs 6.2) and have worked for UNICEF.