Water Aid Nepal announces vacancy for the position of IT Consultant. Interested candidates can refer to the job details provided below:
Working alongside the UK based IT teams this role will provide hardware and software support for the Nepal office. On top of the day to day support this role will be responsible for maintaining the local IT infrastructure and making any necessary upgrades to ensure the effectiveness of it as well as supporting the office with all IT training.
• Day to day technical support for the office including, application support and hardware support & maintenance
• Maintaining all IT hardware including desktop PCs, laptops and printers as well as ensuring that all computers are fully updated and protected.
• Responsible for all asset management including the registration and administration of all hardware, operating system licensing and software licensing.
• Responsible for the maintenance and support of all server, storage and networking hardware within the country program
• Responsible for the maintenance and support of the virtual server environment
• Responsible for the administration and scheduling of all backups and ensuring these are fully operational
• Maintaining and regularly updating all documentation relating to the office network configuration.
• Reporting on network performance and working with these reports to improve the efficiency of the network
• Enforcing global and country specific IT policies including information security policies
• Assisting with managing any new software or hardware roll outs for the country program
• Training staff where required on IT systems and maintain support documentation for staff
• Assisting with managing the country IT budget and procurement
• Working with third parties including suppliers and contractors where required to maintain and improve the IT service
• Working with the UK IT teams as required
- Experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems and administration of Microsoft Office 365 services
• Experience administering Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and DNS
• Good knowledge of and experience with, virtual IT infrastructures (VMWare)
• Experience in networking, storage and server hardware & software
• Experience in supporting cloud based applications
• Good understanding of anti-virus products and virus prevention
• Good understanding of local area networks (LAN) and basic understanding of wide area networks (WAN)
• Good understanding of network and information security principles
• Experience working with IT Service management tools i.e. ticketing system
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to plan and deliver IT projects
• Microsoft certifications or equivalent
• VMware certifications
• Good English communication skills (verbal and written)
• Experience of back-ups and file restores (Backup Exec.)
• Understanding of or experience with Citrix systems
Click here for application procedure.
For more jobs in INGOs in Nepal, please visit www.p2p.com.np.