WaterAid Nepal announces vacancy for Technical Officer – Beacon Project. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Support to Project Manager
- Support in Managing and strengthening the capacity of NWSC Lahan to accelerate the progress of Beacon project by complying with the commitments made and with a guidance of Project manager in particular and the Beacon Project Team in general.
- Support in preparation of project plans, annual work plans, reporting and monitoring the projects under way.
- Support in identifying capacity gaps of the partner organization for strengthening their system and procedures and thereby to accelerate the project progress as committed in the project plans
- Support in Monitoring, supervising and in quality assurance from Partners’ work, and to make project team sure that the project progresses are in line with what project team visualized from Beacon Project Plan and from WAN’s Beacon Project Result Framework.
- Support to ensure systems are in place in project management to track progress against agreed results and achievements, and documentation of all the reports and database.
Support to Partners
- Support partners (both NWSC Lahan Branch, project implementing partner, and Lahan Municipality) to provide technical backstopping to optimize existing NWSC water supply network system to delivery safe water 24/7 by ensure safe WQ within the project period with gradual progress from DMA (cluster) to DMA (cluster) approach in the existing networks system
- Support partner organization (NWSC Brach Office Lahan) in technical aspects to advance the progress in the identified activities under respective project components particularly in commercial,network, water treatment, water resources and sanitation discourse of this Beacon Project as detailed out in the project plans and project document of this Beacon Project.
- Support Social Mobilizer Officer and Project Manager to Prepare WSP system map, Technical auditing and quality control of Construction activities on WASH
- Support partners in extending water services to the poor and vulnerable and unreached communites in the municipal areas and in commercial areas as appropriate in relation to the extension of networks and existing systems through technical backstopping and maintain safe water quality while delivering water to the consumers.
- Support NWSC Lahan and Partners in construction works with regular supervision and technical supports for quality assurance and efficacy in construction works in borehole construction/maintenance, pipeline optimization and new extensions, WQ assurance through periodic testing; and construction of other planned infrastructures under Beacon project or from NWSC complementation to the Beacon Project.
- Professional support for conducting training will be an integral part of this support function.
- Develop working drawing and working schedule and also prepare cost estimate for supporting the construction works with quality.
- Foster functional relationships with relevant stakeholders including municipal government and civil society in addition to the Beacon Project Implementing Partners including NWSC Lahan.
Implementation/ Commissioning of activities:
- Understanding the design packs shared by Project team for quick wins and short term intervention with support from project Manager, Sr. programme officer, and may be technical lead of this Beacon project as well.
- Work closely with NWSC – Lahan branch office, Schools and Community in delivering the planned activities for Water and Sanitation; but ensuring that projects keep to budgets and timescales.
Supervision (of construction and pipeline works), Reporting and Documentation:
- Preparation of working drawings, work schedules, estimates and verifying the works commenced by liaising with the contractors, suppliers and vendors to ensure the quality as provisioned by the design and materials specifications.
- Provide supervision support to the partners and assessing the project progress made by them on the ground. Ensure whether the activities are being implemented in accordance with the approved design/specification or not.
- Make visit and prepare report/recommendation to all of projects sites that were completed or are underway or are planned for next FY.
- Ensure regular supportive feedback to partners through field-based monitoring findings. Provide written field visit report to concerned partners soonest after field visit.
- Assure effective utilization of WaterAid Resources by partners ensuring whether funds are used appropriately and according to the WAN financial compliance or not.
- Ensure the timely receipt of design, drawings and estimates from partner organizations. Ensure thorough review and share with Manager and Technical focal for further input, recommendation and approval.
- Support project manager to ensure quality reporting with data base and analytical information along with some case studies as far as possible, thus summarizing what was planned, achieved and dueto complete.
- Provide feedback to the line manager including project team and partners on actual results and any variances against budget on quarterly basis after reviewing their both quarterly progress and financial report.
- Support in initiating new innovative approaches, creative works that adds value to the organization and its partner organization.
- Work with the best interest of WaterAid values and its’ users in mind.
- Promote importance of value for money as a part of organisational culture.
- Represent WAN at meetings/forums/workshops whenever deemed necessary in Lahan.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering preferably with a minimum of three years of professional work experiences on urban WASH
- Knowledge and professional work experiences in Urban Water Utility in particular and more specifically ground experiences of implementing the urban WASH utility project interventions with contracting and delivery related assignments
- Proficient in using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software. Using a variety of specialist computer applications/simulation software, preferably EPANET and QGIS in addition to general IT skills like MS word, Excel and Outlook
- Understanding of the WASH sector in Nepal, key stakeholders and critical blockages and opportunities in urban water and sanitation discourse of Nepal’s WASH sector
- Excellent skill in community consultation, organising group discussions with different and diversegroup of people, field observation, interviewing with people and facilitating meetings internally and externally
- A sense of active work-related curiosity, a learning ability, and a demonstrated commitment to do results-driven development work, even under ambiguous circumstances.
- A team player who adds value by working collaboratively to deliver results.
- Fluency in spoken and written in Nepali and English language with good interpersonal, negotiating and persuasive skills
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Ability to work flexibly, to manage varying competing priorities under your own initiative, meet strict deadlines
- Experiences of working working with poor, marginalized and excluded communities.
- Experience of managing and supporting staff or volunteers
- Experience of working effectively within a culturally diverse and matrix organization.