Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Accountant . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
The purpose of this position is to review and ensure all the supporting documents in accordance with Plan International Nepal Operational Manual, Polices and procedure designed by management, and Income tax and VAT acts of Government of Nepal. This position is to ensure all the documents are correct, relevant, reliable and reasonable before processing the payments and settlements. This position is to prepare vouchers correctly in line with Plan accounting code ensuring correct and complete documents in compliance with Internal control system and segregation of duties. This position is to ensure correct booking of accruals and prepayment every month. This position is to ensure correct amount of tax deduction at source, submit tax return to Inland Revenue office on time as well as provide TDS certificate to all the vendors and consultants including Plan staffs. This position is also to ensure availability of book/bank balance before preparing voucher. This position is to reconcile, book and process the intercompany recharges on time in absence of finance officer to clear them before period gets closed. This position is to ensure the documents are well maintained, filled and safeguarded.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the post holder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Financial Management, or other related courses.
- Experience: At least 3 years solid experiences in the areas of accounting and financial management
- Training: Computer Operations, Financial Management
- Book keeping knowledge
- Fully computer literate – skilled and confident user of office applications such as MS Word, Excel, MS Access and General ledger Finance system.
- Full knowledge on income tax Act and VAT – relating to TDS and remuneration tax, tax return file.
- Analytical skill
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, to prioritize and to plan
- Working knowledge on written and spoken English
- Culturally sensitive
- Flexible and adaptive to work in pressure in order to meet all deadlines.
- Inclusiveness: gender sensitive and non-discriminative.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 51 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Application Deadline: Monday 19th September 2022