Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Accountant – Regional Office-West. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Under the guidance of the Finance Specialist, the Accountant performs regular and recurring accounting functions, including maintaining and reviewing accounting records and maintaining the general accounting documentation in a timely, reliable and reasonable manner. S/he is also responsible for reviewing and ensuring all documents comply with Plan Nepal Operational Manual, Polices and procedure designed by management, FOB and the applicable Tax legislation.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or any related subject and 2 years relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with audit, tax related matters and issues and foreign exchange;
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector in Nepal (INGO work experience preferred); and
- Sound understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal.
- Book keeping knowledge
- Sound knowledge of accountancy and book keeping;
- Sound knowledge of income Tax Act and VAT legislation in relation to TDS and remuneration tax and tax return files;
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking and problem- solving abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations with diverse stakeholders;
- Strong management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and
- Proficient IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access and General ledger Finance system, etc.
Application Deadline: 4th May, 2022