RHEST announces vacancy for Associate Executive Director . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Master’s degree in management, social science and an area related to human and societal development, project management, organizational development and leadership, international relations or gender studies with 7-10 years of working experience in development sector.
- A demonstrated passion for the eradication of girl trafficking, child marriage, gender-based violence, and other gender inequities within Nepalese society.
- A proven track record in organizational leadership, and team development.
- Senior leadership experience in Nepal NGOs or CBOs working in human trafficking prevention and/or gender equality.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in communication in English and Nepalese spoken and written languages.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in financial management.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in formal and academically rigorous project evaluation.
- Given the current environment due to COVID-19 restrictions, knowledge and experience in the use of technology for communication, and distance and remote training and learning will be advantageous.
Rural Health and Education Services Trust (RHEST) is a national NGO established in 1992, primarily working to prevent girl trafficking through the provision of education services and safety networks to at-risk girls throughout Nepal. RHEST has two smaller programs; women’s maternal health, and health related publishing.
Since 1997, RHEST has been supported by the INGO the American Himalayan Foundation (AHF). In addition to funds, AHF provides program and organizational guidance to RHEST and assists RHEST in its communications to donors and other international stakeholders.
Since 2011, AHF has received funds for RHEST programs from the Foundation for a Just Society (FJS), a US based philanthropic organization. FJS works to help develop capacity of women-led organizations working in the sphere of gender equity. Through an associated organization, the Foundation for a Just Society International (FJSI), FJS has offered RHEST funding for such capacity development, with an integral part of this development being the appointment of an Associate Executive Director to help RHEST grow to a point where it can independently manage large grants directly from donors such as FJSI.
While the AED’s position will be funded by FJSI, its responsibilities will not be limited to activities funded by FJS and FJSI. Rather, the duties and responsibilities of the AED will be organization wide.
Application Deadline : 12th Aug 2020