Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Business Development Director . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Master Degree in relevant education
- At least five years of demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of grants acquisition and compliance processes and practices, as a result of study, training or practical experience.
- Knowledge of the individual donors’ interests, priorities and requirements.
- Knowledge of Nepal and Nepali culture, as well as the funding environment would be an added advantage.
- Strong leader – lead with a number of soft skills such as effective communication, motivation, positivity, trustworthiness, creativity, feedback and commitment.
- Research & strategic thinking – strong research, market and strategic analysis skills in order to understand the donor landscape, understanding Plan Nepal’s competitive advantage, able to benchmark the competition and to develop a strategy that will keep the organisation ahead.
- Goal focused – focussed on meeting financial targets with the ability to pursue a long-term strategic vision whilst remaining flexible enough to respond tactically to changing demands or unexpected opportunities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent English oral and written communication skills: must be able to communicate, present, assert and speak to all the different stakeholders involved, actively listen and gain the confidence of donors and national organisations.
- Collaboration – involves working with multiple parties from inside and outside the organisation, to achieve Plan Nepal’s goals.
- Relationship building – able to build relationships, influence, provide constructive feedback, manage conflicts and navigate through organisational politics, in order to get things done.
- Negotiation & influencing – knows when to compromise and when to take a stand, ability to win hearts, minds, and trust, being tactful and diplomatic at all times
- Creativity / marketing – able to see new ways of developing existing opportunities, or finding different routes to acquire new grants.
- Project management – able to set goals, plan and manage projects, manage the risks involved, calculate budgets, cost, time and teams working on ongoing projects.
- Computer skills – high competency working with Microsoft Office, CRM software and familiarity with working on ERP systems.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 52 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Application Deadline : 23rd Feb , 2020