Mercy Corps announces vacancy for Business Development Specialist. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Required Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Master’s Degree in relevant field (international development political science, international relations, etc.
- At least 5 years’ experience in supporting multi sectoral and multi donor funded grants including leading in proposal development and donor reporting in emergency/post conflict environment.
- Prior experience and knowledge of USG (i.e. USAID/BHA and USAID/Nepal), FCDO, EU, ECHO and other proposal processes.
- Experience facilitating the production of technical publications, including managing consultants, facilitating content organization with technical staff, engaging with data, and publishing with an externally facing design and graphic style.
- Experience with high level advocacy to institutional donors, corporate/foundation partners.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Strong communications skills with exceptional ability to articulate complex issues in a clear comprehensible manner to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to deliver high quality reports with short deadlines.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work under immense pressure, ability to multi-task and juggle several tasks and relationships at one time.
- Excellent communication skills, experience in representing an organization
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Strategy and Vision
- Collaboratively set the direction for business development and technical publications based on the country-wide and regional strategies, donor strategic priorities, and creative exploration of new donor and private sector funding partnerships.
- Based on the size of the proposal, lead or support on the development of concept notes and funding proposals (including budgets), coordinating the process with all departments.
- Work in collaboration with HQ teams to coordinate development and design of new opportunities for concept notes and proposals.
- Ensure proposals are developed in coordination and consultation with Director of Programs, program technical managers, finance, and operations teams (including logistics) and that necessary support is adequately budgeted.
- Coordinate engagements with potential partners as part of developing programming opportunities and in alignment with MC country strategy.
- Provide hands-on coordination capacity and design support for new funding opportunities.
- Support day-to-day operations of the New Business Development including logistics, management, and administrative assistance to the New Business Development.
- Lead or support processes to hire consultants needed for proposal development including drafting terms of references and assisting with the contracting process.
- Support preparation and implementation of various research studies such as stakeholder mapping and analysis including donor analysis industry trends that contributes to pipelines and to inform proposal development.
- Contribute to the expansion of the organization’s Consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions.
Representation and Coordination
- Identify opportunities for strategic growth and portfolio expansion through new business development and donor scoping.
- Represent Mercy Corps in cultivating relationships with key donors and partner organizations.
- Act as a representative of Mercy Corps to organizations on program development matters, including attending key internal and external meetings, as needed.
- Represent Mercy Corps in inter agency coordination meetings as assigned by the Country Director or Business Development Manager
The position is a full-time position for six months (Jan 15, 2023 through July 15, 2023) based in Mercy Corps Nepal Kathmandu office with the possibility of extension.
Accountability: Reports directly to Business Development and Strategic Communications Manager and works directly with Director of Programs, Program Managers and Team, MEL Manager and Team, Country Finance, Operations Teams and Regional and HQ Program Officers
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, girls’ education, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. Mercy Corps takes a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal. We currently have offices in Kathmandu, Dhanghadi, Surkhet and Jumla, and manage a portfolio of approximately $20 million, across a variety of institutional and private donors.
Application Deadline: Sunday 8th Jan,2022