Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Campaign Administrator. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
The position will be responsible for the moderation of a safe space created in Facebook under Girls Out Loud project, also implementation, coordination and reporting of the of the Girls Out Loud Project ensuring the quality and timely delivery of the project activities maintaining highest technical quality. She will moderate the private Facebook group (opened only for 13-24 years girls), and administrative support for the project through Plan Country office in coordination with Lead Moderator. She will keep a tab on the group activity and is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Facebook group, just like FB admins. She will support Lead Moderator to develop case studies and document best practices of the project. And also, will be responsible to align the project activities with Plan’s global Girls Get Equal Campaign. She will be accountable for the quality implementation of the above in alignment with Plan’s global strategies/standards and Country Strategy.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1 year of experience in use of social media for awareness, communication, learning and wider dissemination.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management in development sector- Gender equality and SRHR preferable.
- Experience of working with girls and young women and communicating information using online platforms
- Work with I/NGO in similar capacity is preferred
- Proven experience in program development, management, including scheduling, budget development and budget management
- Proven experience of similar project using social and digital media approaches.
- Project Management: planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Critical thinking, analysis & reasoning
- Influencing people and pitching innovating ideas
- Communicating both one to one and in groups in writing, verbally, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages
- Effective communication and coordination
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Gender, child and disability sensitive
- Respect for diversity and multicultural environment
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Leadership with values and principles
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Note: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from female candidates only with priority to candidates from minority and youth groups for this position.
Deadline: 27th Aug, 2021