DWSSM – UNICEF announces vacancy for Capacity Development Expert. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Objective and Tasks:
The overall objective of the consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the WASH Cluster secretariat which is currently being led by a Joint Secretary as decided by the Ministry of Water Supply. Previous experience during earthquake 2015 has shown that cluster secretariat can become very useful for day to day operations during better preparedness, response and for design reviews, institutional reviews for resilience and adaptation measures as well. It is therefore realized to have a team of experts supporting the cluster secretariat for achieving the following results:
- Hot spot analysis of vulnerabilities and capacities and suggest preparedness, response, recovery, rehabilitation, adaptation, mitigation related activities in possible vulnerable zones, areas in Nepal.
- Preparation of strategic documents and action plan, provide suggestions to institutions to make the DRM related activities and build those in the overall system.
- Establish a robust information management system for rapid response and identify spatial and temporal probability of hazard, vulnerabilities and coping capacities. Link the information management system with other sector/cluster database (Hydrology, health and nutrition, shelter, camp coordination & camp management, education, etc.)
- Formulation of agreed capacity development plans, programmes, preparation of capacitated disaster risk management expert rosters for the cluster.
- Provide assistance in establishing province level P-WASHCC, district and local level committees as appropriate. Facilitate in formulating the disaster risk reduction and response strategy such as provincial contingency plan, stockpiles, vendor agreements, long-term arrangements, etc.
- Dynamic resource mapping, capacity mapping, capacity gap analysis of all government structures and other sector stakeholders and identify the measures to reduce capacity gap by training, orientation, drill/simulations, workshop, and exposures, etc. as applicable.
- Organize regular cluster meeting with cluster members at federal and provincial levels – quarterly as preparedness actions and regular meeting as per need in case of disaster occurred in view of monsoon and other hazard situations.
- Facilitate participation in the inter-cluster meeting at the Ministry of Home Affairs at the federal level and Ministry of Internal Affairs and Law at the provincial level.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Academic Qualification of Bachelor of Master of Engineering/Public health or equivalent.
- Should have WASH humanatarian related experience of more than 7 years
- Should be able to design and implement training program for WASH in emergencies
- Should have the experience of working in cluster arrangements
- Should be good in proposal writing
- Work in international environment is under GOs/ INGOs/ UN is preferable
Application Deadline: 30th June 2019.