UNICEF announces vacancy for Climate, Energy and Environment (CEE) Coordinator . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Education, Humanities and Social Science or relevant fields, with a focus on climate change, environmental policy, forestry, disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness & response, rural development and sociology;
- Additional trainings and experiences in social mobilization, CEE field, disaster risk reduction/emergency, local-level planning process, energy, Communication for Development, focusing on local government and community mobilization will be an asset.
- Minimum three years of work experience as a professional progressively responsible for projects/programmes in local government, international development organization, national government, NGO or the private sector;
- Work experience related to any carbon trading project and/or afforestation will be an asset.
- Good technical knowledge on theories, principles and methods of carbon trading projects and/or afforestation;
- Local government planning process and its budget system;
- Clean cooking mechanisms including management and appropriate technology for ICS;
- DRR/CEE concepts and national/sub-national policies and plans;
- Community-based mobilization or community engagement, preferably on health-related awareness campaigns and afforestation;
- Methodology of programme/project management, programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for sectoral programmes;
- Human rights and gender/disability issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNICEF and Government positions and approaches;
- Financial, supply and administrative rules and regulations of the Government of the Nepal.
Language Proficiency / Computer skill
- Proficient in speaking/writing English and Nepali;
- Knowledge of local language(s) of Karnali and Sudurpaschim Provinces is an asset;
- Good computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Having a two-wheeler driving license and holding one’s own motorbike will be an asset;
- Candidates from working experience in Bajura and Kalikot Districts will be highly preferred;
- Female, people from disadvantaged group and area, marginalized and indigenous community are highly encouraged to apply.
Nepalgunj Zonal Office has been coordinating UNICEF’s programmes in Municipalities of Karnali and Sudurpaschim Provinces. Starting from Dec 2020, a new programme on Climate, Energy and Environment (CEE) will be implemented in 6 municipalities (3 in each province) through direct partnership with target municipalities at the field level and a technical organization at the national level. UNICEF will provide technical support and coordination with the local governments of the both provinces for effective implementation of CEE programme activities in the current COVID-19 context.
The remoteness of the target areas engages various problems, e.g. limited road and air connectivity as well as poor Internet access, making timely and effective implementation of programmes difficult. Human resources are also insufficient at the local government due to the transitional government structure of federalization, while new concepts of the CEE programme such as “carbon credits” complicates this aspect. In this context, UNICEF will support such human resources and technical expertise necessary for this programme, which will strengthen mutual accountability and transparency as well.
The CEE programme requires not only regular monitoring in the field but also strong lobby and advocacy to municipalities to create solid and sound local ownership, active community engagement and participation, and financial matching for the programme. To offer all supports indispensable for efficient, effective, and timely accomplishment of set targets at the local and provincial levels, two programme coordinators will be hired for 12 months with a provision of mid-term review (in the 6th month) and end review (in the 12th months).
Application Deadline : 18th Dec 2020