Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Communication and Social Behaviour Change Specialist Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 local governments (LGs) across 18 districts of Karnali and Lumbini Province.
The Social and Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) Specialist will be responsible for providing overall technical assistance for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SBCC strategies as well as building the capacity of partners and their frontline staff in SBCC. S/he will work toward influencing children, communities, and duty bearers to adopt and sustain positive behaviours that promote education. outcomes. S/He will ensure the utilization of best practices and learning to inform the development of effective SBCC strategies, frameworks, tools, materials to address a wide range of issues in education.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Master’s degree in social and behavioral science, communication studies communications, mass communication, public policy or any relevant social science field with 5 years of experience in the related field specifically on communications, external engagement or media relations or Bachelor’s Degree in related field with experience of 5-7 years in the relevant sector
- Demonstrated expertise in the application of social and behavior change science, theories, research, and analysis, to all stages of the program cycle.
- Ability to manage social research, including quantitative, qualitative, and participatory methods for formative assessments, identifying behavioural drivers and tracking, measurement and evaluation of social change.
- Good knowledge on writing, drafting and reviewing of materials in both English and Nepali for various media content not limited to print.
- Public relation and public information systems.
- Handling media queries and appropriate response.
- Right based approach to development.
- Child development, child rights and child labour issues and existing child labour acts.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International works in over 75 countries with its partners, programme participants young people, supporter to advance children’s rights and equality for girls with an ambition to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change. Plan’s programmes are supported by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as, the overall desire to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in 50 districts in Nepal since its inception in 1978.It has played an important role in advocating for children’s rights and gender equality in Nepal. Through its various initiatives, it empowers marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. By addressing the unique challenges faced by girls and working towards their advancement, Plan International Nepal contributes to building a more equitable and inclusive society for all.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Friday 20th Oct, 2023