UNICEF announces vacancy for Communication and Social Mobilization Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Technical Assistance to UNICEF Partners
Job Title: Communication and Social Mobilization Officer , based in Provinces-5
Duration: 11.5 month
Objective and Tasks: The objective of the technical assistance is to strengthen capacity of provincial and local governments and provide technical assistance on advocacy, communication and social mobilization for routine immunization, introduction of new vaccines and supplementary immunization activities.
Education: University Graduate in Public Health, Communication or Social Sciences
Work experience: At least five years’ experience of managing communication for development / social impact interventions at District or Provincial levels. Prior experience of working closely with government, media and private sector preferable. Knowledge of socio-cultural practices and language in relevant province will be an asset.
- Good written and spoken Nepali and English language
- Good working relations with local authority and Health Offices very crucial.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, work adaptation in multi-cultural environment, proven ability to facilitate cooperation in a multidisciplinary team.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision, seriousness about quality and timeliness of work.
- Current knowledge of development and technology in related field.
- Knowledge of the health system in Nepal is an asset.
Reporting Relationship: The Communication and Social Mobilization Officer will report to Provincial Health Directorate as direct supervisor and Second Supervisors (. i.e. Health Officer in a UNICEF Field office as well as Health Specialist) in Kathmandu
Working Conditions: The technical Assistant will be based in the Technical Support Units (Immunization) of the Provincial Health Directorates with frequent visits to the field.
Application Deadline : 12th April 2020