Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Construction Coordinator (Civil Engineer).Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Construction Coordinator (Civil Engineer) is responsible for smooth planning and implementation of overall community infrastructures construction/repair schemes that are included in different projects under project area of Regional Office- East. S/he is also responsible to assist program proposals writing team of organization while developing new proposals having infrastructure construction/repair activities or proposal revision process by providing required information. S/he is also responsible to build partner’s engineering capacity by orienting them about design/drawing/estimate/construction guideline as well as government approved norms, codes and standard set of practice. His/her prime duty is to boost partner’s team for timely start of construction schemes, conduct regular supervision of construction site to assure agreed quality of construction as per prescribed design/drawings, assist partner to produce monthly progress report, stage completion report and work completion report then submit them with appropriate revision to Construction Specialist, RM of RO-E, designated project staffs of RO-E and lead to complete construction related activities within agreed timeline. S/he maintains smooth professional relationship with relevant program staffs, departments/unit as well as does necessary coordination with local government (Palika/ward) concerned units and delivers best capacity to partners to start, implement and complete construction/repair schemes within working area of RO-E.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering with minimum 3 years of relevant experience in implementation of construction/repair of School Building, Scholl Toilets, Hand Washing Stations, Drinking Water Facility at school, Community Drinking Water Supply system etc. from development agency (I/NGOs, UN system or other bilateral agencies). AND/OR,
- 3 Years Diploma (Sub Engineer) in civil engineering with minimum 6 years of relevant experience in implementation of construction/repair of School Building, Scholl Toilets, Hand Washing Stations, Drinking Water Facility in school, Community Drinking Water Supply system etc. from development agency (I/NGOs, UN system or other bilateral agencies).
- Able to prepare Engineering Drawings, Detail Estimates, BOQ, measurement Bills and Work Completion Reports of civil infrastructure works.
- Able to work in Auto-Cad.
- Able to work with MS office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Preferred to those who have experience of construction implementation through construction companies “Contractors.”
- Experience in capacity building, training and facilitation.
- Strong knowledge on coordination and collaboration with provincial, local government
- Understanding of school disaster risk management and climate smart safe school with all three tiers of government plan, priorities, strategies for education sector.
- Commitment to children’s rights, particularly on the rights of girls and young women and men.
- Proven knowledge of Public Procurement Act and Rules of Government of Nepal.
- Civil Work Norms of Government of Nepal.
- Understanding and sound knowledge of infrastructure development for education institutions, health institutions and community WASH.
- Familiar with girl’s requirement, requirement of child friendly and accessible to PWD infrastructures.
- Proficiency of excellent Nepali language and good English language.
- Communication skill with impact.
- Bears positivity and deserves learning attitude.
- Able to work under pressure, multitasking.
- Flexible and adaptive with diversity in team.
- Analysis & reasoning, ability to problem solve, handle setbacks.
- Motivative and supportive.
- Negotiation and coordination.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 11 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 14th March 2023