Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Director of Influencing, Campaigns & Communications . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Technical Expertise , Skills and Knowledge
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience
- Master Degree in relevant education
- At least five years of demonstrated experience
- Significant experience of working in a professional influencing, campaign or advocacy role.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
- Experience in carrying out power, policy and political analysis to inform strategies and projects
- Experience in developing and delivering advocacy strategies in development and/or humanitarian contexts.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice.
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector. Essential Experience of working with coalitions and networks.
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families preferred.
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali, translating complex issues for a variety of audiences (e.g. general population and policy-makers).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Demonstrated creativity in communicating to different audiences
- Existing presence on Twitter, FB, Instagram preferred
- Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
- Taking initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
- Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
- Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behaviour, successes and failures.
- Supports gender equality and diversity, and challenges forms of inequality or harassment.
- Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Listens to and understand views of colleagues and partners. Draws on their experience to ensure high quality work.
- Upholds and demonstrates Plan’s values and behaviours.
- Team-orientated, versatile, personable and flexible.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ability to work comfortably and sensitively across cultures.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 52 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Application Deadline : 2nd April , 2020