Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Director of Programme Quality and Innovation (Re-advertisement) . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Previously applied Candidates need not re-apply
Oversees the development of high quality, innovative programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for girls in Nepal in line with the Country Strategy, and for monitoring the quality of the implementation of those programs. Also leads disaster preparedness and initial response for Plan International Nepal, providing technical assistance and appropriate monitoring and evaluation in emergency responses.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree in relevant field with 5-7 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience of International and National Early Childhood Development program, project and policies.
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development.
- Experience in carrying out power, policy and political analysis to inform strategies and projects.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice.
- Advanced understanding of the development and NGO sector. Essential Experience of working with coalitions and networks.
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali, translating complex issues for a variety of audiences (e.g. general population and policy-makers).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
- Taking initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
- Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
- Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behaviour, successes and failures.
- Supports gender equality and diversity, and challenges forms of inequality or harassment.
- Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Listens to and understand views of colleagues and partners. Draws on their experience to ensure high quality work.
- Upholds and demonstrates Plan’s values and behaviours.
- Ability to build, nurture and manage team.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ability to work comfortably and sensitively across cultures.
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline : 22nd Jan, 2021