Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Finance and Operations Officer. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Finance and Operations Officer, under the USAID EIE Project implemented by Plan International Nepal, plays a crucial role in ensuring efficient and effective, financial, logistical and administrative support. The position is responsible for overseeing various aspects, including financial management, procurement, supply chain management, fleet management, asset management, administration, and general logistics S/he closely work with operation team of regional office and be a point person of administration and support functions for USAID EIE as required.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education, Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Management stream with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in technical areas of finance, admin and logistics operations including procurement, transport, fleet and asset management in development organisation.
- Experience using SAP system will be an added advantage.
- Ability to maintain good networking with suppliers, partners organizations, and consultants.
- Knowledge in managing supplier relationships and evaluating supplier performance.
- Knowledge of transportation safety regulations, and ethical sourcing practices.
- Understanding of risk management which includes knowledge of contingency planning, business continuity, and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of prevailing Tax Act and other government regulations applicable to Logistics & Procurement.
- Knowledge of USG Rules and Regulations will be an advantage.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2028 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
USAID Equity and Inclusion in Education (EIE) is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Sunday 4th February, 2024