Felm-Nepal announces vacancy for Finance Coordinator, Dhangadi. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
You need a bachelor’s degree in accounting, but a master’s degree or extensive experience in the financial field is preferred for a Finance Coordinator position. At least 5 Years of experience in the field of accounting, finance, administration and partnership management. Experience in different donors funded projects and have written and verbal communication skills in English, presentation and reports in English and Nepali.
- Assists and facilitates in budget preparation, budget monitoring and revisions carried out by Regional Manager for Development Cooperation and Felm HQs
- Checks that all fund requests (including requests for advances and partners’ fund requests) are approved and signed by RMDC or Felm HQ Manager, and that all required supporting documents are attached
- Ensures that the inventory of the Felm-Nepal property and equipment is updated regularly
- Checks that all vouchers contain necessary supporting documents, such as invoices, travel claims etc., and are approved by RMDC or other authorized Budget Holder
- Ensures timely collection and payment of bills, tax, and obtains proper receipts for each payment made
- Maintains Petty Cash at an approved level (Rs. 50,000/-) under safe custody and makes payments from the Petty Cash against approved requests
- Prepares the Petty Cash for bi-weekly verification by RPM
- Ensures that the cash payments are reflected in the Petty Cash records and that the Petty Cash transactions are reflected in the monthly accounts and financial reports of Felm Nepal Development Coordination
- Prepares and submits the monthly financial reports for the approval of RPM. Ensures that the reports and their supporting documents (such as bank statements and reconciliation reports) are sent to Felm Headquarters by 20th day of the following month
- Promotes transparent and good financial management practices and proposes improvements thereto, to minimize any risk of misappropriation or inefficiency
- Ensures that advances provided to the staff are authorized, recorded, and settled. No new advances can be given to staff until all outstanding advances have been settled in full
Maintains close liaison and coordination with other colleagues working in Felm Nepal in a timely manner
- Participates in carrying out the financial monitoring of the implementing development cooperation projects of Felm Nepal together with RPM and other development cooperation team members. Financial monitoring includes checking partners’ fund requests, financial reports (quarterly and annually), audit reports and management letters, visiting partners’ offices in financial monitoring purposes as well as travelling to the field approximately once in two months
- Supports the local partners of Felm Nepal in financial management and reporting in accordance with the Felm guidelines (such as Project Manual)
- Support during audit of Finnish Fiscal Year, Nepali Fiscal Year and donor audit.
- Attends MPAC meetings on behalf of Felm Nepal when necessary and by request
- Meets with CD once a year for a work planning and development discussion
- Ensures that while working or after the contract period at Felm Nepal, she/he will not disclose any Felm- or Felm employee-related information to a third party not entitled to this information. She/he will also do her/his best to ensure that all Felm Nepal related information is safe at all times and not subject to misuse.
- Performs any other tasks assigned to her/him by Country Director and CMT of Felm Nepal.
Deadline: 10th Feb, 2022