Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Finance Manager – Input & Control (Re – Advertisement) . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Finance Manager – Input & Control is responsible for ensuring effective financial management, maintaining robust financial controls, and strengthening team collaboration. S/he will oversee the correct payment processes in compliance with policies and procedures, ensure accurate recording of transactions, and facilitate internal and external audits. The role also involves providing guidance and coaching to the finance team for their professional development.
Note: Candidates who have applied earlier need not apply again.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Masters’ Degree in relevant education (Finance/ Business) with 2-3 years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree with 4-5 years of experience in relevant sector. Preference will be given to candidates currently pursuing or holding CA/ACCA qualifications.
- Knowledge of financial management,
- Knowledge of Nepal Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and risk management techniques,
- Sound knowledge in Internal control system, Nepal’s tax and VAT related regulations,
- Understanding of the development sector, its operating and regulatory environment (in Nepal),
- Understanding of the socio/political, economic and cultural issues of Nepal,
- Experience of working in disaster management context and relevant humanitarian response required in one’s job area.
- Strategic planning (functional) and solution driven,
- Critical thinking, analysis , reasoning & support in decision-making,
- Managing, motivating and coaching people,
- Managing work relationships (internal/external),
- Communication skills: one to one & in groups, written & verbal, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages,
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations,
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking,
- Ability to represent the organisation at key external and internal events when required,
- Ability to solve problem, handle setbacks and pressure.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 13th February, 2024