Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Gender Specialist. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, development studies, social science, or relevant field with experience in managing and leading gender related programmes
- At least 5 years of technical advisory / program experience in designing, implementing and evaluating gender programmes.
- In-depth knowledge on gender and development issues along with hands-on experience of mainstreaming gender issues
- Knowledge of advocacy and lobbying together with providing policy inputs on strategic gender mainstreaming
- Skilled in conducting gender analysis, assessments and developing gender sensitive methodologies for programme and related evaluations
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills with ability to multitask and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent command and proficiency in spoken and written English and Nepali languages
- In-depth understanding of the international human rights framework for development, key development issues, approaches and tools
- Knowledgeable about working in disaster management context and relevant humanitarian response
- Proven knowledge of latest debates, issues, research and practice in Gender & Child Rights programs and programme implementation in a range of contexts – local, national and regional
- Up-to-date and various project design and evaluation models and government program and policies
- Knowledge of the Nepal Government Policies, Program Priorities and Ministry of women, children and social welfare
Skills & Ability
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali, translating complex issues for a variety of audiences (e.g. general population and policy-makers).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 52 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Application Deadline : 29th October 2019