Royal Norwegian Embassy announces vacancy for Governance Advisor . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- A university degree at master’s level, preferably in a relevant subject
- At least five years relevant working experience
- Experience from grant management is an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written Nepali and English as well as good computer skills
- Strong analytical, networking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both efficiently and thoroughly, independently and in team
- High level of personal integrity is required
- At least two of the following governance related technical competencies:
- federalism & local governance, law & human rights, and public financial management and anti-corruption
- cross cutting issues related competencies: gender equality, climate and environment, human rights, and anti-corruption.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide high quality, reliable, timely and relevant governance advice to the Embassy
- Provide strategic analysis and advice for the Embassy on the issues of federalism and local governance, anti-corruption, public financial management, access to justice, and parliamentary affairs related matters
- Provide grant management support by preparing decision document and follow up of project agreements, assessment of plans, financial reports, participate in formal and technical meetings, reviews and field visits
- Cooperate with partners for effective implementation of programs/projects and contribute to develop and maintain a constructive dialogue and broad network with national stakeholders and international community in Nepal
- Assess governance related results and advise management and partners to achieve annual results targets of the Embassy
- Prepare analysis, reports, speaking points and background information for the Embassy, mainly on governance related issues
- Work as the focal person for anti-corruption, one of the cross-cutting issues of the Embassy
- Tasks related to other work at the Embassy might be assigned to the advisor depending on priorities and needs
The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Kathmandu was established in 2001 and employs 21 people, including seven Norwegian diplomats. It is centrally located in Patan, Bakhundole. The Embassy is looking for an energetic and experienced Governance Advisor. Good governance is one of the main areas of development cooperation between Nepal and Norway. The governance support concentrates on democratic institutions, provincial and local governance, rule of law, public financial management and anti-corruption. The advisor will work in a team with Norwegian diplomats.
The aim of Norway’s support is to contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Our development cooperation in Nepal focuses primarily on governance, education and renewable energy. Norway promotes human rights, women’s rights and gender equality, climate and environment and anti-corruption.
Application Deadline- 15th August 2022