Mercy Corps announces vacancy for HR Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Knowledge and Experience
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in business administration. Specialization in HR is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources, Administration or Management is required.
- Prior knowledge of Labor law 2075 and HR functions is required
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in HR is required
- Experience with business partnering, performance and talent management.
- Experience of working on HR Information management systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, negotiation, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with team member is required.
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required, preferably local languages.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Human Resources Officer include, but are not limited to, the following:
Human Resources Management
- Stay updated of local and Mercy Corps wide changes to laws, policies and guidelines and implement them as appropriate
- Coordinate induction, learning and development activities, employee engagement activities, support in implementation of talent management and succession planning to respective teams
- Ensure all new team members receive copy of the National Staff Policy Handbook and are informed of their benefits. Continue with support and advice on policies, as required.
- Be responsible to ensure that personnel management matrices (personnel, leave, performance, recruitment, insurance, discipline, contracts etc.) are maintained and updated.
- Be responsible for supporting the audit process and ensuring that documents, paperwork’s are made available as required
- Support the Senior HR Manager in implementing new initiatives and policies as and when required
Hiring and Onboarding
- Be responsible for implementing a transparent and inclusive recruitment process including posting adverts, establishing the interview committee, setting up interviews, reference checks, preparing offer letters and ensuring the proper paperwork and procedures are in place as per the defined protocols.
- Be responsible for the smooth and sound onboarding of all new team members in Mercy Corps Nepal.
- Ensure that the induction package is up to date and all new joiners receive the induction as per the Orientation checklist.
- Provide HR induction to all new joiners as per the Orientation checklist.
- Be responsible for the smooth off boarding of all the separating staffs, ensure all the paper works are timely completed with compliance to MC policies and procedures.
- Conduct exit interviews of the separating staff and prepare a report for future reference
- Support the Senior HR Manager in change management process and facilitate HR outplacement support to the separating staff as per the requirement
- Be responsible for maintaining performance management and probation assessment tracker and ensuring that all team members are aware regarding the performance management system
- Support the Supervisors and staff in completing the probation assessment and Annual Performance evaluation forms
- Facilitate refresher sessions on Performance Management system for all team members on an annual basis
- Ensure that all the changes related to Annual performance reviews are updated in the HR database and HCM
Compensation & Benefits
- Ensure Salaries and benefits adhere to Mercy Corps salary scales and standing protocols.
- Support in conducting periodic salary and benefit surveys with the INGOs to help ensure consistency and equity within the organization and appropriate comparability with peer organizations;
- Ensure smooth and timely administration compensation and benefits for MC Nepal staff
- Responsible for preparing salary schedule on a monthly basis pertaining to any changes in staff contract
- Administer all health insurance issues including employee inquiries and communication with the insurance provider
Contract Management and Administration
- Ensure that the record in the HR database and HCM that includes contract expiry dates, annual performance evaluation and personal information and all documents related to HR as per defined protocols on monthly basis.
- Update the Organogram on monthly basis to reflect changes in the staffing structure
- Maintain and report employee statistical data, as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Mercy Corps as a humanitarian agency is expected to response as and when crisis and humanitarian situation engulfs. As an MC employee, all staff are expected to be part of humanitarian and emergency response in addition to their regular roles and responsibilities in such situations.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/ pay rates
- Ensure proper integration of GESI aspects into department/ program planning and implementation
- Ensure all HR activities adhere to Mercy Corps’ Gender Policy, Do No Harm principles, and beneficiary accountability standards
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to emergency programming.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Reports Directly To: Senior HR Manager
Works Directly With: Operations team, Finance team, Program team, and all HR related internal and externa stakeholders.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In a disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, youth engagement, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. We take a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal. Mercy Corps Nepal currently has a portfolio consisting of approximately six key programs valued at over $25 million, including four offices across Nepal and nearly 100 staff. The main programming areas include Sudarprachim and Karnali provinces, many of which are in remote areas.
Application Deadline: 27th September,2022