Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Humanitarian Response Manager. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Humanitarian Response Manager is responsible to oversee and ensure a high-quality project delivery/ implementation of humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery projects within Plan International Nepal working/non-working areas especially of Nepal with direct supervision of PPID and close coordination with Program Quality and Innovation (PQI) team (especially with senior technical advisor- climate change adaptation and disaster risk management).
Engage with multiple departments of country office, regional office staffs stationed in Janakpur and Surkhet for implementation of the humanitarian initiatives with focus on multiple hazards that are recurrent within the country. This role is crucial for implementation of humanitarian response and recovery programming of Plan International Nepal including humanitarian preparedness of organizations to meet the goal of global and country strategy of “Humanitarian Scale Up”. With technical guidance from supervisor and PQI team, this role will overall support for implementation of humanitarian programs including budgeting, planning, implementation, coordination, partners management, budget management, , etc. Engaging with Business Development (BD) team, s/he will ensure the Plan and/or donor compliance and timely reporting for different projects related to DRM and humanitarian. Furthermore, she/he will be responsible to provide technical guidance to partners for effective implementation of the humanitarian response and recovery project. She/he will work closely with management and regional managers to enhance partner’s capacity and also support management in making informed decision on partnership. The position will also work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team of Plan International Nepal to enhance the capacity and skill of partner NGO on the sector of data management, capture the evidences and reporting of the specified project and other DRM, Humanitarian interventions. The position will also work with ICC team, operation (logistics and procurement), finance, program quality and innovation (PQI) etc. colleagues of Plan International Nepal.
Externally, ensure strong collaboration and coordination among humanitarian actors through cluster mechanism if activated. Regular coordination with stakeholders including government at different level at Federal, Provincial, district, local as required. This position will also represent Plan International in various forums nationally and internationally.
S/he is responsible to achieve a rights-based, gender transformative and inclusive program for humanitarian programming of Plan International Nepal. S/He will also support on influence work approach in program implementation, ensuring efficient technical support to partner NGOs. S/he is accountable for supporting the innovation and ensuring lessons learnt are constantly integrated in program interventions, thus continuously improving efficiency and effectiveness at Field level. S/he also leads the networking and advocacy in coordination with area managers and the technical heads. S/he will also be responsible for organizing, facilitating and coordinating trainings on the same interventions for capacity building of partner staffs.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s degree in Disaster Risk Management/Risk Reduction, Humanitarian Degree, and/or International Development or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience including grants management for humanitarian projects.
- Experience in project planning, implementation, partnership management, government engagement, designing / managing of integrated humanitarian projects.
- Sufficient knowledge on disaster risk management (DRM) and humanitarian response/recovery
- Proven track record of leading for implementation of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) programming for any humanitarian programs.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery including digital Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) programming with Nepalese context.
- Proven knowledge of budget tracking and management especially in humanitarian context.
- Knowledge of MERL, and procurement for humanitarian projects.
- Understanding of Nepal’s national disaster management structure, systems, plans and priorities including sectoral emergency preparedness and response mechanisms.
- Extensive experience and expertise in humanitarian models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building, project management and organizational development for staffs and communities.
- Experience in networking/engaging with key actors.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an international organisation.
- Ability to work in tight deadlines, under pressure and multi-tasking environment
- Proven experience of managing team, budget and other management domains
- Operational planning & execution.
- Analysis & reasoning.
- Humanitarian and empathy with the people
- Communicating, one to one, in groups both in writing, verbally, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages.
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations.
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking with various stakeholders.
- Ability to use basic office electronic equipment & computer applications.
- Willing to work under pressure and carry out multi-tasking.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Friday 23rd February, 2024