Mercy Corps announces vacancy for Influencing and Communication Specialist . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Influencing and Communication Specialist assumes responsibility to lead overall design, management, implementation, and coordination for ZFRA’s policy and advocacy work in climate adaptation and flood/heat resilience in Nepal. The Influencing and Communication Specialist will provide strategic oversight and leadership to help ZFRA in Nepal to achieve its project advocacy and influencing goals with summary of key functions as follows:
- Lead the development and delivery of policy, research, and influencing initiatives in Nepal.
- Provision of strategic direction and quality advice on policy analysis and evidence-based research.
- Ensure effective implementation of knowledge sharing, knowledge management and influencing strategy.
- Establishing and strengthening of strategic partnerships with government agencies, peer organizations, development partners, civil society, and private sector, think tanks, research institutes and media.
The Specialist’s primary focus will be on influencing in that country, but will also likely engage with global advocacy around some or all of the Alliance’s priority themes (DRR/CCA governance, EWS, NBS, heat, and urban).
The Influencing and Communication Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and work closely with Mercy Corps field-teams, Flood Resilience Alliance partner at the country level (Practical Action in Nepal) as well as Mercy Corps’ Regional Program and Advocacy Manager based in Bangkok, Thailand, and Head of ZFRA program based in the UK.
As Gender and Social Inclusion and governance cross-cutting components of all Mercy Corps program(s), The Influencing and Communication Specialist is also required to ensure GESI sensitivity is integrated into his/her work area.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT & MONITORING AND EVALUATIONS (30%)
- Coordinate and undertake research to build an evidence base in support of a range of advocacy goals.
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to project goals.
- Contribute to the development of ZFRA’s global reports and policy positions.
- Support to monitor and analyze the progress of influencing efforts, identifying, and capturing advocacy wins and case studies.
- Effectively manage the development and activities of knowledge generation through the completion of research and studies, knowledge sharing among Mercy Corps teams and Alliance partners as well as other networks and knowledge sharing forums.
- Ensure gendered analysis as part of policy development, including explicitly identifying specially gendered recommendations where they emerge.
- Support appropriate actions for institutional memory of produced knowledge products, including flood resilience portal.
- Develop a MEL strategy for influencing, in line with the overall Alliance MEL approach. Meet agreed targets and MEL frameworks for systems change.
- Manage media engagement components of the project.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of advocacy and communication work at federal, province and local level.
ABOUT MERCY CORPS
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, youth engagement, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. We take a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal.
Application Deadline: Sunday 24th Dec, 2023