Mercy Corps announces vacancy for IT System Administrator . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
General Position Summary
The IT System Administrator will work under the supervision of the Head of Operations and in close coordination with the Regional IT Manager – Asia, Middle East & Europe, and responsible to maintain the current IT systems in Mercy Corps Nepal and ensure the proper functioning of equipment and network to meet office needs and demands. He/She should ensure team members are well informed/ trained on the use of IT equipment and networks and its confidentiality clauses.
As gender and social inclusion (GESI), governance and M&E are cross-cutting components of all Mercy Corps program(s), the Senior Project Officer is required to own these components and ensure GESI sensitivity and integration, governance practices and M&E systems are integrated into his/her work area.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Degree in IT / Computer Science / Computer Engineering. CCNA & MCSE courses desired or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in equivalent technical work experience as IT professional.
- Experience in both hardware and software requirements in local area networking (LAN), Wireless Area Network; configuration of internal email system is required. Knowledge of web designing will be a plus.
- Exclusive knowledge of internet, proxy, pop mail, FTP Server, and TCPIP settings, Proxy Servers, Firewall (hardware & software) configuration, database management, Linux and windows-based servers and applications is required.
- Experience for upright maintenance of all internet accounts, Logins and account status both web and outlook based.
- The ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a must.
- The ability to trouble-shoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required.
- Must understand, follow and implement existing policies on IT equipment use and best practices.
- Previous experience in inventory management.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, youth engagement, climate change adaption and disaster risk reduction. We take a system-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the life and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal.
Application Deadline: Friday 2nd Feb, 2024