Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Knowledge Management Specialist. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist plays a pivotal role in the project by ensuring the effective management of knowledge and expertise. Her/his primary purpose is to capture, organize, and document knowledge, both explicit and tacit, within the organization. S/he facilitates knowledge sharing and dissemination by implementing platforms and organizing events that encourage the exchange of best practices among staff. The KM Specialist supports continuous learning and development by identifying training needs and fostering mentorship programs. S/he will also promote innovation by applying existing knowledge to solve problems and inspire creative thinking. Additionally, the KM Specialist focuses on preserving critical organizational knowledge, especially during transitions when employees retire or leave. S/he monitors and evaluates knowledge management initiatives, establishing key performance indicators to measure success, and facilitating collaboration both internally and externally. Furthermore, the KM Specialist wil ensurecompliance with legal and ethical standards. In essence, her/his purpose is to enhance organizational efficiency, innovation, and decision-making by harnessing and optimizing the collective knowledge of the workforce.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Statistics, Social Sciences or Knowledge Management related field with 4-5 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in closely related field with 7-8 years of working in Knowledge Management system in development sector.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Knowledge and skills on developing and maintaining database systems.
- Proven experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and report writing.
- High level of proficiency in advanced excel and knowledge of SPSS, Power BI, STATA and other statistical software.
- Strong capacity and creativity in leading and facilitating participatory methodologies to meaningfully engage youth, volunteers etc.
- Experience in capacity development of staff or partners in project information management system.
- Experience in the field data management and knowledge management in different level.
- Understating of accountability towards program participant’s privacy and data protection.
- Experience in program data management, use of data management electronic devices.
- Experienced in rights-based approach to development .
- Experience in relationship management with partner organizations and other key stakeholders including different level of government officials.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 28th Nov, 2023