Rural Development Centre Nepal announces vacancy for Livelihoods Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Livelihoods Officer is responsible for:
- Lead in the preparation and implementation of agriculture and livestock interventions, small business / micro-credit interventions.
- In consultation with the technical partner and the project team, finalize the beneficiary selection criteria and criteria for the different categories of IGA support as per the need and preference of the recipient beneficiary.
- Support field-level needs assessments; on livelihood identification, feasible business types assessment and business plan development activities
- Provide capacity building training to the SHG members on different themes, cascade different trainings to ensure the quality of economic strengthening interventions.
- Support and facilitate the implementation of agriculture extension, business plan development, marketing and environmentally friendly activities as per the set work plan and methodologies.
- providing technical support and strategic direction to field-based staff who oversee project implementation
- Facilitate and coordinate the components of workspace development activities, like facilitating training, providing coaching and mentorship for target groups
- Work and coordinate with admin./finance team and procurement committee for the timely procurement and delivery of input support materials.
Duties applicable to all staff
|1.||Abide by and work in accordance with the organization’s principles and code of conducts. Adhere to safeguarding and PSEA norms and policy.|
|2.||Actively work towards the achievement of the broader goals and objective of the project.|
|3.||Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the agency/line manager.|
|A bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, or other discipline that provides an understanding of food security and livelihood programming /or equivalent practical experience||X|
|2 years Proven practical experience in livelihoods and economic empowerment activities||X|
|Experience and understanding of working strategy in integrated projects||X|
|Awareness and knowledge of GBV/Protection issues and experience in participatory methods for community mobilization||X|
|Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment||X|
|Experience in team mobilization and management||X|
|Experience working in Rautahat||X|
|Knowledge and Skills||Required||Preferred|
|Knowledge of implementing and monitoring livelihood activities||X|
|Ability to bring innovate ideas in livelihood support schemes||X|
|Good rapport building skills with beneficiaries and stakeholders||X|
|Strategic thinker; able to guide and supervise the field team and implement the planned activities||X|
|Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals||X|
|Knowledge and experience in program and community level training||X|
|Excellent computer skills (Windows, Excel, PowerPoint)||X|
|Multi-tasking ability and ability to work in pressure||X|
|Understanding on gender, protection and inclusion||X|
|Two-wheelers with driving license||X|
|English and Nepali (Verbal and Written)||X|
Application Deadline: Tuesday 6th June, 2023