Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Media and Communication Officer. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
Coordinate for Plan International’s media appearance and support media communications activities for Plan International Nepal to ensure Plan’s accomplishments, stories are communicated effectively and in accordance with communication strategy, national priorities and global guidelines to the wider audiences through media channels ensuring global reputation. The person should be also providing technical guidance in organizing events run or supported by Plan International and act as focal person for public information.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Media and Communications, or relevant social science with 1-2 years experiences in development or media field in writing, editing and dissemination on developmental issues
- Experience on development media contents/materials for various targeted audiences
- Working at similar position at NGO/INGOs is preferred, working experiences in mainstream media would be plus point.
The candidate must have the knowledge on:
- In depth knowledge Nepalese media landscape and systems, including local and national media environment, current affairs and understanding of various mass media channels in order to reach out Plan International development messages at various level
- Good knowledge on writing, drafting and reviewing of materials in both English and Nepali for various media content not limited to print.
- Public relation and public information systems
- Handling media queries and appropriate response
- Right based approach to development
- Child development, child rights and child labour issues and existing child labour acts
Following are the required skills and ability for this position:
- Excellent writing and editing skills in both English and Nepali; ability in written and oral, typing in Nepali is must.
- Writing of media materials in a creative and contextual way
- Excellent networking with Nepalese media and journalists at district and national level
- Translation of media materials in both: English and Nepali
- Strong computer skills, MS Office applications and other software required for producing savvy communication contents
- Have an eye for taking photos, and video clips required for donors, developing communication materials and for media coverage
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple language that attracts youths and stakeholders.
- Updating social media tools and websites
- Public relation and public information management
- Managing work relationships (internal/external)
- Planning & prioritising
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL NEPAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Note: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from female candidates only with priority to candidates from minority and youth groups for this position.
Application Deadline: 1st Aug, 2021