Mercy Corps announces vacancy for Monitoring and Data Management Assistant. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least Bachelor degree in education, international development, social science or other relevant field with 1 year experience in M&E or data management
- Strong skills on Microsoft Office, mobile data collection and data management
- An understanding of the development programs financial management in particular would also be highly useful.
- Previous experience and background knowledge of the local context is highly preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to work remotely and coordinate effectively with other team members working remotely
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English language
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Previous experience with US government-funded grant (USDA, USAID, etc.) rules, regulations and requirements is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment
- Willingness to travel domestically across program districts as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Monitoring and Data Management Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
MONITORING AND DATA MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the key focal point in the field responsible for ensuring effective monitoring and reporting of program deliverables
- Promote activity quality assurance through the following –
- Activity timeline coordination with implementation team
- Ensure timely development of quality M&E tools under the supervision of MEL Specialist that address the project objective and ensure proper orientation to the field team
- Coordinate and oversee data collection during activity to ensure adherence to formats and requirements
- Conduct activity spot check and compile monthly spot checks and unstructured interviews of overall programme staff
- Ensure the collected data and designed tools capture the project’s data minimum standard – disaggregation, robustness, quality
- Set deadline for data flow and follow up on that with partners
- Design data summary of each activity in coordination with partner organizations
- Help conduct output level qualitative and quantitative surveys when necessary
- Work with implementation team to seek out and provide case studies on project beneficiaries
PROGRAM ACTIVITIES AND DOCUMENTATION MANAGEMENT
- Compile activity report from the implementation partner in time for donor’s monthly quarterly and annual reporting
- Ensure proper documentation of (soft and hard copies) of tools, reports, data, manuals, guidelines, media report, visibility items, agreements, MoUs and any other relevant documents
- Ensure the data provided by the implementation team are accurate – spot checks, triangulation and report to the team on any identified discrepancies
- Ensure all the reports, data, manuals, guidelines, media reports/visibility items, agreements, MoUs, and any other relevant documentations are stored in soft and hard copies with proper backup
COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Make recommendations to the MEL specialist if need for extra human resource – interns are identified for the projects, especially during the key data collection, entry and cleaning periods
- Provide feedback and recommendations around creating more efficient or purpose-fit programme M&E systems and tools
- Work under the guidance of MEL specialist to provide feedback on planned activities to the implementation team to move towards achieving the targeted output activities
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members and community operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging participating communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Mercy Corps as a humanitarian agency is expected to respond as and when a crisis and humanitarian situation engulfs. As an MC employee all staff are expected to be part of humanitarian and emergency response in addition to their regular roles and responsibilities.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor and or Country Director.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Reports Directly to: MEL Specialist
Works Directly with: Program Manager, Agriculture Specialist, Procurement Specialist, Senior Technical Officer and local implementing partners.
Application Deadline: 17th Apr, 2022