Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Officer will support and lead to ensure an effective MERL system is in place for the project. This will include development and implementation of MERL systems of assigned project, regular collection of monitoring data and its analysis for management information purposes. The position holder will provide inputs to Project Director and MERL team in project design to ensure effective application of program learning, as well as to support in all baselines, mid-term and endlines evaluations and research with technical support from the Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Specialist. S/He will also develop capacity of field and partner organisation staff in all MERL related tasks, systems and processes.
Plan International also seeks the following position for an anticipated Department of State program in Nepal. These position is contingent upon donor funding and approval.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in planning and managing various studies; for example, performance evaluations, baseline studies, case studies, and gender/diversity/related studies.
- Experience designing and managing multiple disaggregation variables for participant monitoring and database systems, including gender and age.
- Bachelor’s OR Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field.
- Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, economics, or international development preferred; or, ten (10) years or more of related work experience.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator design, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in designing and administering data collection tools, conducting data entry, data cleaning, data processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and/or subrecipients.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and analysis frameworks and development of indicators pertaining to adolescent girls’ and women’s economic empowerment is preferred.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Monday 25th Sep, 2023