Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Specialist – Lead and Decide . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Specialist will lead to ensure an effective MERL system is in place for Plan International Nepal programs and projects specifically to WASH and projects of Lead and Decide Thematic area along with other projects assigned to him/her by the organisation/line manager as and when needed. This will include development and implementation of MERL systems, regular collection of monitoring data and its analysis for management information purposes. The position holder will provide inputs to senior technical advisors and project managers in project design to ensure effective application of program learning, as well as to lead on all baselines, mid-term and endlines evaluations and research with technical support from the Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Specialist. S/He will also develop capacity of field and partner organisation staff in all MERL related tasks, systems and processes.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the post holder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well. This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
- Master’s degree in social sciences, social research, development studies, public health or a related field oriented to monitoring and evaluation methods with at least 3 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least 5 years of working in monitoring, evaluation, research, and accountability in development sector or research setting with special focus to WASH and Gender
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Nepali
- Proven experience in a technical capacity involving design and implementation of evaluations/research or leading evaluation/research teams and drafting technical reports
- Proven experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Experience conducting interviews with young people, children and communities
- Strong capacity and creativity in leading and facilitating participatory methodologies to meaningfully engage beneficiaries, including children, and receiving their feedback through approaches such as social audit, employing quality benchmarks
- Experience in capacity development of staff or partners in project monitoring, evaluation or research
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, Plan International practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Application Deadline: 4th August 2022