Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Coordinator . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Coordinator is responsible for the technical leadership of collection, review, reporting and learning in the context of project implementation at the regional and country levels.
S/he oversees and ensures that accurate and timely field based information is shared to support Area Managers and Programme Coordinators so as to achieve effective project implementation and management.
S/he provides the necessary support to partner organisations so as to improve project monitoring and evaluation system. S/He will also implement Plan International Nepal’s Accountability Mechanism.
Monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL) are all vital to the ambition of our Global Strategy to support 100 million girls to be able to learn, lead, decide and thrive. MERL underpins Plan International’s delivery of effective and accountable gender-transformative programmes and influencing. It is a critical part of our commitments under the Programme and Influence Quality Policy (PIQP) and the Programme and Influence Approach (PIA).
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Master Degree with 1-2 years of experience or a Bachelors Degree in Rural Development, Social work, Sociology, Public Health or other social sciences with 2-3 years of experience in the relevant sector;
- Clear understanding of the development sector, its operating and regulatory environment (in Nepal);
- Clear understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal, specifically post located districts of the country;
- Clear in-depth technical and practical knowledge and understanding of the relevant job domain;
- Proficient in use of analytical system (database system, spreadsheet and/or statistical software);
- Knowledge of use of mobile/digital data collection tools;
- Experienced in applying recognised standards of data quality assurance;
- Analyse, synthesise and draw out conclusions and learning from monitoring data and processes;
- Experienced in implementing result/M&E framework;
- Knowledge on project cycle management; and
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector in Nepal (INGO work experience preferred).
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing and team work.
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali
- Innovative and creative thinking with problem solving
- Managing work relationships (internal/external), coordination and networking.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Report writing and documentation.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Friday, 27th January 2023