Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Operations & Finance Director (Re-advertisement) . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Previously applied Candidates need not re-apply
To provide strategic leadership, financial analysis, coordination and delivery in operations and finance. To ensure efficiency and compliance with local law and Plan International policy and standards while providing high quality support to programs so that Plan staff and partners can deliver on our strategic ambitions.
Educational Qualifications and work experience
- Minimum Masters level educational qualification in Professional Financial/ Accounting (CA/ CPA or equivalent)
- Minimum 7 -10 years work experience in an operations & finance function out of which at least 5 years should be at senior level.
- Proven experience in managing teams, finance and other critical management domains.
- INGO work experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of the international human rights framework for development, key development issues, approaches and tools.
- Clear understanding and sound knowledge of Nepal Tax laws and statutes related to Finance
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and Risk management techniques and the reporting requirements of major international grant donors
- Clear understanding of internal control systems
- Practical knowledge of operations support for development and emergency response including Sphere standards.
- General knowledge of administration, ICT, security, Audit, people management and business management matters;
- Preferred: Basic knowledge & understanding in disaster management context and relevant humanitarian response required to provide effective support in the event of a disaster and proactive preparation.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline : 22nd Jan, 2021