Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Operations Manager. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Operations Manager is responsible to ensure support services within the organisation are delivered with high-quality and in an efficient manner. S/he manages and coordinates the operations functions – procurement, fleet, contracts, inventory, assets, warehousing, facilities etc and ensures alignment with the organisational policies, donor requirements, and local regulations. S/he will also be the liaison and focal person for safety and security within the organization.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Management stream with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management and asset management in development organisation.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Experience using SAP system will be an added advantage.
- Logistics management experience in humanitarian emergency context is required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are encouraging to a learning environment.
- Experience of security and risk management within the context of Nepal.
- Knowledge in managing supplier relationships and evaluating supplier performance.
- Knowledge of import/export regulations, customs requirements, transportation safety regulations, and ethical sourcing practices.
- Understanding of risk management which includes knowledge of contingency planning, business continuity, and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of prevailing Tax Act and other government regulations applicable to Logistics & Procurement required.
- Understanding of socio cultural and political environment.
- Strong knowledge of updated best practices and tools in supply chain management.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Thursday 6th July, 2023