Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Partner Support Specialist (Re-advertisement). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Previously applied Candidates need not re-apply
The Partner Support Specialist is responsible for the financial management and associated partners’ capacity building of all partnerships in place.
S/he has two primary functions, i.e.:
- Build the capacity of Plan’s implementing partners in relation to financial management including budget, expenditure and reporting in order to develop and maintain a reliable, efficient and effective financial system, with strong internal controls in place (this representing 40% of the role); and
- Conduct audits on implementing partners through the course of the year (60% of the role).S/he manages effective relationships and communicates appropriately with all key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective work planning and effective and diligent coordination between all parties.
S/he manages effective relationships and communicates appropriately with all key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective work planning and effective and diligent coordination between all parties.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Semi qualified CA/ACCA/CPA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in auditing and accounting required. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in business management and having Prior experience in non-governmental organization preferred
- Sound knowledge of financial management;
- Working understanding of supply chain management and procedures;
- Understanding of Government of Nepal financial regulations, including VAT and tax;
- Sound knowledge of Nepal Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and risk management techniques;
- Sound knowledge in Internal control systems; and
- Understanding of the development sector, its operating and regulatory environment.
- Strategic planning (functional) and solution driven;
- Managing, motivating and ability to mentor and coach people;
- Strong listening skills;
- Critical thinking, analysis , reasoning & support in decision-making;
- Managing work relationships (internal/external);
- Communication skills: one to one & in groups, written & verbal, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages;
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations;
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking;
- Ability to represent the organisation at key external and internal events when required; and
- Ability to solve problems, handle setbacks and pressure.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Note: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from female candidates only with priority from minority and youth groups for this position.
Deadline: 5th Oct, 2021