Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Coordinator – MHH & WASH. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
With direct supervision of Programme Specialist, this position is responsible to oversee and ensure a high-quality project delivery/ implementation of project entitle Raskot MHH & WASH Improvement Project (RMWIP). The project will be implemented by Plan International Nepal in collaboration with Plan International Netherlands national office, along with it’s local implementing partner. Plan International Nepal will implement the project in selected schools of Raskot Municipality of Kalikot district. During the 3 (three) years period of implementation, the project aims to achieve MHH and WASH friendly schools as per the concept of the project.
Project Coordinator is responsible for effective implementation of the activities as mentioned in the proposal. Engaging with Business Development (BD) team, s/he will ensure the Plan and/or donor compliance and timely reporting. Furthermore, she/he will be responsible to manage overall performance of partner. The position will also represent Plan in various forums in the respective sector/s; clusters district; local government at rural/municipal level; other relevant stakeholders and likeminded organizations in districts and local government. Additionally, the position will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Coordinator of Regional Office West to support for timely data management, capturing the evidences and timely reporting of the project.
“This position is contingent upon donor funding”
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s degree preferably in Public Health, Water and Sanitation, WASH Engineering, Social Science, within 1-2 years of experience OR Bachelor in Public Health, Water and Sanitation, WASH Engineering with 3-4 years of experiences in WASH or related projects.
- Knowledge on MHH and school WASH initiatives.
- Extensive experience in training and capacity building with government and communities;
- Excellent community mobilization and community skills;
- Clear understanding of the development sector, its operating and regulatory environment (in rural areas Nepal).
- Clear understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal, specifically post located districts of the country.
- Clear in-depth technical and practical knowledge and understanding of the relevant job with understanding in gender equality and social inclusion .
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills in English and Nepali,
- Demonstrated management and partnership skills;
- Demonstrated analytical, independent and strategic thinking;
- Strong communication, coordination, and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences;
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources; and
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 11 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Sunday 12th Nov, 2023