ChildFund Japan announces vacancy for Program Director. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Purpose of Position:
The Program Director will have overall responsibilities for leadership and management of all program activities. Provide leadership to ChildFund Japan, Nepal Office to ensure the quality of program design, inclusive of performance and oversight of all aspects of project implementation. Provide technical guidance to project teams to ensure the highest quality, transparency, and accountability of delivery. Develop and maintain an efficient, cohesive team while ensuring effective coordination and relationship with external agencies and partners.
- Master’s degree in Development Studies or in a similar related field
- At least 8 years of development work experience (preferably some years in education and child protection sector) in international development programing in a multi-cultural environment, four years of which in leadership capacity.
- Strong background in working with the Nepalese government institutions, which should include leading and participating in CPAC, DPAC, and RMPAC meetings in management capacity.
- Hands-on experience in coordinating and developing Project Agreement in coordination with SWC.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish rapport with partner NGOs, schools, and local government officials.
- Proven ability to design, manage, and implement multifaceted projects in the Nepalese context. Excellent proposal development skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing projects funded by institutional donors. Work experience with Japanese corporate and/or institutional donors will be an advantage. Knowledge of and familiarity with strategic focuses and direction of donors will be a great asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of key humanitarian principles, standards, and best practices in Nepal. Knowledge of good development approaches including rights-based approach and empowerment approach to development will be a plus.
- Strong people management skills, with excellent interpersonal skills with professional and positive attitude. Sound understanding of cross cultural working environment. Able to lead, manage, and mentor a team of national and expatriate staff.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with various stakeholders.
- Native speaker of Nepalese
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Computer and Other Technical Requirements
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of file sharing protocols such as Dropbox, SharePoint, etc., an advantage
Ability To Travel
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Application Deadline: 22nd Sep, 2021