Asia Pacific Alliance for Disaster Management announces vacancy for Program Manager . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Program Manager will implement activities for the “Disaster Risk Reduction and Strengthening Through Community Resilience and Multi-stakeholder Engagement Project” mainly in Bagmati Province and Province 1. Through establishing a multisector platform for disaster response in Nepal, support resilience of disaster-prone communities by improving infrastructure and information dissemination system, as well as optimizing resources. Work together with the multi-stakeholders such as government, private sector, NGOs, schools, academia, media. Coordinate and conduct the project activities mainly in Province 1 and Bagmati Province, and work closely with Emergency Operation Centers and other like-minded organizations. Assist and contribute in the development of work plan for Province 1 and Bagmati Province, and ensure its implementation in collaboration with the potential partners/stakeholders including private sector other likeminded agency.
Job Duties Reception
- Lead and ensure timely implementation of program’s planned activities, working with field teams to develop and regularly update work plans, implementation plans, chase the targets and assist in internal controls and risk management under the supervision of Country Coordinator.
- Collaborate with partner NGOs, Government and Private Sector. Provide efficient solutions to the project problems.
- Identify challenges, obstacles and issues that may adversely impact program implementation and work proactively with Emergency Operation Centers and field teams to address them.
- Build capacity of the target beneficiaries (partners/stakeholders) to ensure their effective participation in the program interventions.
- Organize trainings, meetings, workshops, field days, expositions and other project related events.
- Coordinate with Head and other Provincial offices for regular exchange of information and updates.
- Create a report for each activity of the project.
- Promote partnerships and maintain effective working relationships with the potential stakeholders, organizations, government departments for complementing and sharing experiences for the mutual benefit.
- Establish linkages and maintain effective working relationships with potential project partners including federal and provincial government organizations, non-governmental organizations, and private organization.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specification for Program Manager
- Master’s degree in public administration, social science, management, or other related fields.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in project management in the field of disaster risk reduction, humanitarian assistance, development, or other relevant experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken both English and Nepali.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Disaster Risk Reduction [DRR], Disaster Risk Management [DRM], Emergency Operation Centres.
- Prior experience of working with DRR/DRM.
- Experience of working with private sectors, NGOs, and government organizations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- High standard of time management skills. Being able to prioritize his/her work and ensure that he/she can meet the deadline.
- Able to produce high quality work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14th of Dec 2022