Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Program Specialist (Learn). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
NOTE: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from FEMALE CANDIDATES ONLY with priority from minority and youth groups for this position.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
The purpose of this position is to oversee and ensure a high quality project implementation, in both development and humanitarian settings, and achieve targets towards Plan’s and/or donor’s requirements through overall management of the implementing partners within Learn program (Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship) in the respective areas and districts, under the direct supervision of Regional Manager. The position will represent Plan in various forums in the respective sector/s including in government at provincial, municipal and district level and other stakeholders. The position will also work closely with the Senior Technical Advisor – Learn of Country Office to enhance the capacity and skill of the partner NGO, local government and other key stakeholders and also to ensure the quality of the project delivery at the field level.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the post holder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Management, Education, Master in TVET, Sociology or relevant sector with 2-3 years of experience working in the relevant sector or Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Management, Education, Sociology or related sector with3-5 years of related experience for the role
- Experience in designing / managing projects on Education and SOYEE sector in Nepal.
- Experience in policy advocacy on issues on Education and SOYEE sector.
- Understanding of Education and SOYEE in Emergency and its operationalization during emergency response.
- Advance knowledge and experience of National Education programs, project and policies.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of Education and SOYEE projects and program.
- Experience in networking/engaging with key actors on Education and SOYEE sector.
- Experience of working with private sector actors (employers and their associations )
- Experience in capacity development of project staff including partner staff & stakeholders on gender transformative education promotion
- Capacity to produce evidence-based, robust program design and public policy recommendations and positions.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills
- Commitment to Plan’s goals, mission, values and approach including the ability to lead on safeguarding and child protection matters where necessary.
- Understanding of gender issues and able to incorporate it as a crosscutting approach to education and SOYEE sector.
- Understanding of the structures, processes and trends in the Nepal political system.
- Understanding of the principles of decent work
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an international organisation
- Experience of working with private sector training providers.
- Operational planning & execution
- Analysis & reasoning
- Managing work relationships ( internal/external)
- Communicating, one to one, in groups both in writing, verbally, presentations and reports in English, Nepali and relevant local languages.
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking
- Persuasion and ability to influence
- Ability to problem solve, handle setbacks and pressure
- Ability to use basic office electronic equipment & computer applications
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Application Deadline: 4th May, 2022