Plan International Nepal announces vacancy forProgram Specialist. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The purpose of Program Specialist is to oversee and ensure a high-quality project implementation, in both development and humanitarian settings, and achieve targets towards Plan’s requirements through overall management of the implementing partners in the respective areas and districts, under the direct supervision of Program Manager. The position will represent Plan in various forums in the respective sector/s including in government at municipal, district and provincial level and other stakeholders. The position will also work closely with Program Quality and Innovation Department to enhance the technical quality of program implementation and to provide necessary field information in developing winning proposals and with Influencing, Campaigns and Communications Department to advance Plan’s campaigns.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Management, or relevant sector with 2-3 years of experience working in the relevant sector OR Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Management, or relevant sector with 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience in managing medium to complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of program/projects with holistic approach.
- Some experience of humanitarian programming and implementation of emergency response.
- Experience in networking/engaging with key actors on issues of children and youths.
- Experience in capacity development of project staff, including partner staff.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Nepali.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills
- Commitment to Plan’s goals, mission, values and approach including the ability to l act on safeguarding matters where necessary.
- Prior experience of managing multi-sector integrated projects in combination of any of the following sectors such as Child Protection, Youth engagement and empowerment, Early Childhood Development, Education, WASH, DRM and GESI interventions.
- Good understanding of Nepal’s governance structure and processes and trends in the Nepal political system.
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Capacity to produce evidence-based, robust program design and public policy recommendations and positions.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an international organization
- Practices value-based leadership demonstrating exemplary behaviors underpinning feminist leadership principles
- Works to continually strengthen the team to ensure a strong professional image among partners.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Thursday 28th Sep, 2023