Mercy Corps announces vacancy for Program Support Officer . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Office Management, or other related discipline.
- 2-3- years of experience in office management, administration, and logistics for an international organization.
- Experience in Pro Source system and Vendor Data Administration will be a plus point.
- A clear understanding of program support, office management, procurement, administration, logistics ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action asto not delay program activities
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Previous experience with USAID funded projects is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English skills and ability to interact effectively with international and national staff.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment
Essential Job Responsibilities
STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
- Develop and organize activities to secure resources for programs and convince stakeholders to provide support.
- Support Mercy Corps Projects are well handled in initiating compliant and timely procurement processes, receiving supply of goods, ensuring the required support for services needed for program teams, cluster offices and Kathmandu office.
- Support Deputy Procurement Manager for Pro Source Vendor Data Administration and documentation of procurement.
- Ensure adequate quality and quantity of materials/commodities, as per the sample provided by the vendors to the Procurement department.
- Maintain and as needed, update inventory and assess custodian tracker for all assets of the Mercy Corps and BHAKARI Program at the central office, as well as the cluster offices.
- Make a schedule for the delivery of related inventories/ assets to cluster offices/program sites in coordination with the program, HR, and operations departments.
- Work closely with Administration and logistics Officer at Surkhet, Jumla and Kathmandu for the disposal of the assets at the BHAKARI phase out period.
- In coordination with the Admin and Logistics Officer at Kathmandu and Cluster Offices, manage logistical and transport activities such as driver/vehicle scheduling, logbooks tracking (where applicable) and related logistical requests for BHAKARI central office.
- Ensure maintenance of BHAKARI vehicles in consultation with the Head of Operations and Administration and Logistics Officer at Kathmandu.
- Work closely with the Administrative Officer to coordinate and arrange for meetings & workshops for the BHAKARI Program.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for liaison for follow up with government offices, departments, and ministries for renewal of vehicle registration.
- Coordinate with Deputy Chief of Party, Head of Operations and Administration and Logistics Officer for the transfer of assets, equipment’s and vehicles as per the disposal plan.
- Coordinate and support outdoor event management organized by programs.
- Coordinate with and support the Admin and Log Officer, HR and Operation Staff to ensure timely payment for events and activities.
- Coordinate with Head of Operation to support for the safety and security of Mercy Corps Central Office, Field Office, Cluster Offices, and expatriate residences.
- Support in lease of apartments and houses for expats.
- Coordinate and maintain stock of stationery and office supplies in all Mercy Corps offices for the project teams.
- Work closely with the Administrative Officer in issuing business cards for project staff members.
- In coordination with the Administrative Officer and the Head of Operations ensure general office maintenance, including safety & security.
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of office premises at all times.
- Support accommodation/travel arrangements for BHAKARI staff/international visitor’s/Consortium partners, in consultation with the Administrative Officer.
OTHER SUPPORT FUNCTIONS
- Support at the Kathmandu Office, Field Offices and Cluster Offices during the emergency response by supporting preparation of emergency response kits, field movement and staff safety and security.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Fulfill Mercy Corps’ Program Management Minimum Standards based on the organization-wide guide.
- Review and become familiar with Mercy Corps Field Procurement Policies and Procedures (FP3), Field Assets Management Policy, Field Facilities and Office management Policy, and Field Warehouse Management Policy.
- Coordinate closely with the Head of Operations and Chief of Party on progress made towards meeting minimum standards requirements and any deficiencies.
- Coordinate closely with all BHAKARI technical leads and managers to ensure full compliance to minimum standards and required contributions to the BHAKARI Program.
- Support the Chief of Party in preparing updates for BHAKARI regular Board Calls on the Program’s statuson minimum standards, again with focus on the Program File and the swift implementation of Plan.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant Mercy Corps and donor guidelines; keep up to date with changing policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a proper documentation and filing system for all program files and related documents.
- Mercy Corps as a humanitarian agency is expected to respond as and when crisis and humanitarian situations engulf. As an MC employee, staff are expected to be part of humanitarian and emergency response in addition to their regular roles and responsibilities in such situations.
- Assist Head of Office in conducting or arranging for training and/or other human resource development activities.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the program and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members and community operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Reports Directly to:
This position reports directly to the Head of Operations with dotted line to the Chief of Party.
Works Directly with: BHAKARI Team, Operations Team, Human Resources Team, In-country Team, Program, and Finance Team.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, girl’s education, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. We take a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal.
Application Deadline: 25th November,2022