IM Swedish Development Partner announces vacancy for Programme Manager (Social Inclusion). Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Gender Studies, Business Management or in any relevant discipline fields from a recognized university.
- A minimum 10 years of professional and successful experiences in partnership portfolio and program/project management in INGOs and/or bi-lateral/multi-lateral donor-funded development programs/projects as a senior program staff e.g. program officer/program coordinator/program manager or similar capacity.
- Out of minimum of 10 years of experience, the candidate must have at least 7 years of professional experience only in an INGO in managing human rights-based development and education programs/projects and evidence-based advocacy work in partnership with local and national CSOs/NGOs. Relevant working experience with Scandinavian or EU countries’ INGOs would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated progressive and successful experiences in managing programs/projects related to integrated sustainable development or integrated social inclusion programs at grassroots, district and national levels.
- Demonstrated experience and excellent hands-on skills in development project planning, designing, implementing, monitoring, coordinating, evaluating and reporting, and facilitation skills for partners’ capacity building and organizational development.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, interpret, and assess project proposals, reports, and financial information.
- In-depth understanding of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI), human rights-based approach/perspectives to the development with special focus towards promotion of economic, social and culture (ESC) rights of marginalized communities in line with international human rights instruments and national legislations, strengthening CSOs, gender mainstreaming and climate and environmental sustainability, conflict sensitivity and organizational development (OD) process of partners.
- Working experience with local/regional partners (CSOs) from mid- western and western terrain and hill regions, and national level partners will be an advantage.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali, and working knowledge of local dialects of Awadhi, Tharu from western and mid-western terrain regions is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and internet-based communications.
IM Swedish Development Partner (IM) is a Sweden based Swedish International Development NGO and civil society organization founded in 1938 in Lund, Sweden. It is funded by the Swedish government for development cooperation agency (Sida) and individual donors. It is working in the areas of Social Inclusion, Economic Inclusion, Civic Space and Strengthening Civil Society in 15 countries worldwide. IM has been supporting Nepal’s development and humanitarian efforts since 1980 through Nepali partners. IM is working to achieve a world free from poverty and exclusion by mobilizing and strengthening individuals and groups who are fighting for equality and democratic development. IM’s commitment is to empower civil society, catalyzing profound societal change towards equality and democracy, as a feminist and anti-racist change agent. Since 2010, it has been working in Nepal as a legally registered INGO having its own country office in Kathmandu, Nepal. Women and youth from Dalit, Madhesi, Muslim, Janajati, and marginalized communities, and Freed Kamaiya, Kamalari are the key rights holders of IM. IM promotes mainstreaming of gender equality, environment and climate resilience, and conflict sensitivity in all its works. IM works at Kapilvastu, Dang, and Kathmandu districts through 8 partner organizations, and also support provincial and federal level policy work. Read more at www.imsweden.org/en
Application Deadline: 15th Nov, 2021