Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Coordinator- Improving Reading & Writing Skills of children in Kalikot (IRWSCK) Project. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
With direct supervision of Program Specialist – LEARN, this position is responsible to oversee and ensure a high quality project delivery/ implementation of Improving Reading & Writing Skills of children in Kalikot (IRWSCK) Project and achieve the set targets. Engaging with Business Development (BD) team, s/he will ensure the Plan and/or donor compliance and timely reporting. Furthermore, she/he will be responsible to manage overall performance of partners under Learn programme at district level. The position will represent Plan in various forums in the respective sector/s; including government at municipal and district level, other stakeholders and likeminded organization. The position will also work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Coordinator of Regional Office-West to enhance the capacity and skill of partner NGO on the sector of data management, capture the evidences and reporting.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the post holder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
- Bachelor degree in Education with at least 4-5 years of experience in a Coordinator role including grants management.
- Master degree in Education with at least 2-3 years of experience in related sector
- Demonstrated experience in designing/managing Education portfolios.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of International and National Education program, projects and policies
- In depth knowledge and experience on policy provisions in education at federal, provincial and local levels, understanding of gaps and scope of influencing
- Experience in project implementation, partnership management, government engagement, designing / managing of integrated Projects.
- Proven experience of managing team, budgets and other management domains
- Work experience on local level partnership/coordination
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families
- Up to date on various project design and evaluation models and government program and policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts through good written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of integrated Project.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector.
- Understanding of the structures, processes and trends in the Nepal political system and their impact in education sector.
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an international organisation.
- Analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build effective relations for influencing and team work.
- Excellent organisation and prioritizing skills o Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Nepali
- Innovative and creative thinking with problem solving
- Managing work relationships (internal/external), coordination and networking.
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Report writing and documentation.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources.
Attitude and Behaviours
- Respect and promote marginalized people; men/women, boy /girls, youth and young women and recognize their capabilities and ideas.
- Takes responsibility for social change, gender sensitive and transparent. o Taking initiative to be innovative and creative to achieve results.
- Strives for quality in all they do, respecting deadlines, working continuously to improve performance.
- Takes responsibility for their actions, and learn from behaviour, successes and failures.
- Supports gender equality, diversity and multi-sociocultural and challenges forms of inequality or harassment.
- Encourages children young people, partners and colleagues to be meaningfully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Listens to and understand views of colleagues and partners. Draws on their experience and learning to ensure high quality and result oriented work.
- Ability to build, nurture and manage team.
- Ability to work comfortably and sensitively across cultures.
- Uses evidence-based results to make choices and drive change.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women so they are fully prepared for and equipped to adapt and thrive in a changing climate; both in development & humanitarian setting/ context;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 51 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Basic Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Note: Due to urgent priority to fill in the positions, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and Plan International reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Note: Plan International Nepal invites the applications from female candidates only with priority to candidates from minority and youth groups for this position.
Application Deadline: 1st Aug, 2021