Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Coordinator – Preventing Child, Early and Forced Marriage Project . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Project Coordinator (PC) will be overall responsible for project and partnership management in districts. S/he will provide technical support to implementing partner organization for the “Girls Get Equals-Preventing Child, Early and Forced Marriage (GGE-PCEFM) Project”. The PC will be based in partner office under Regional Office – West, Jumla district and will visit Kalikot and Bardiya as per need of project. PC will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of overall project however major focus will be given in Micro Enterprise Development and job placement of vocational training graduate in coordination and collaboration with private sectors, government line agencies and other likeminded organization. The PC need to work strategically to increase the engagement of training graduates, re-enrol dropped out youths after the training, increase earning of micro-entrepreneurs who has started business with the support of project and linkage youths to cooperatives for establishment and expansion of their business. The PC will require to represent Plan International Nepal at local, provincial and federal level as required. The position holder will also be responsible to assist GGE-PCEFM project team in planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting. S/he will be required to prepare monthly, quarterly, annual report, progress reports and case stories. This position holder requires to work in coordination with different departments of Plan International Nepal. This position requires ensuring compliance of organization and donor.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor Degree in development-related field, priority will be given to EDF graduates with Bachelor Degree in Enterprise Development, Management, Social Sciences, TEVT, Development Studies.
- At least 2 years’ experience on delivering training on SIYB/Micro Enterprise development, Life Skills, Financial literacy, cooperative management and job placement of vocational training graduates.
- Experienced in applying rights-based approaches while project implementation and working with government private sectors, CSOs, Technical Training Provider (TTP) and/or multilateral institutions and job provider agencies.
- Prior experience in an integrated project with the component related to economic empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Technical and Vocational Education (TEVT), Micro Enterprise Development, community mobilization would be an asset.
- Experienced in carrying out Rapid Market Assessment (RMA) for potentiality of employment and job creation
- Experienced in working with diverse geography and team.
- Experienced in partnership management and capacity development of partner staff.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Priority will be given to the applicant having confidence in driving motor bike in hilly area with valid driving licence.
- Prior experience working in an integrated project with Child protection, education, SRHR and norms changes,
- Understanding of the structures, processes and trends in the Nepal political system.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an INGO/NGO.
- Operational planning & execution.
- Analysis & reasoning.
- Communicating, one to one, in groups both in writing, verbally, presentations and reports, in English, Nepali and relevant local languages.
- Preparation and management of budgets and assessment of financial implication in work situations.
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking.
- Ability to use basic office electronic equipment & computer applications.
- Training deliver skills on SIYB.
- Preparing business plan of selected individual MEs.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 11 districts in Nepal.
Application Deadline: Friday 8th Sep, 2023