Rural Development Centre Nepal announces vacancy for Project Coordinator . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for:
- Prepares project detailed Implementation plan, activity works plans, timelines and budgets and ensures effective implementation of project activities on time.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential risks, and proactively address any issues that may arise throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate, build and maintain relationships with relevant government agencies, NGOs/CBOs and other stakeholders at the district and local level to promote women’s empowerment and GBV agenda.
- Regularly review the project progress with the project team, timeline/deadline, deliverables, and planned activities and ensure the quality of project activities.
- Ensure the technical standards and procedures related to GBV and livelihoods are followed during the planning and implementation of the project activities.
- Design the content of and monitoring and evaluation tools for community awareness-raising sessions in GBV, child marriage, hygiene promotion, nutrition, and reproductive health.
- Ensure protection needs/concerns of women and girls, men, children, youth and older persons, and persons with disabilities are addressed during the implementation of project activities.
- Plan, develop and support conducting capacity-building events according to the implementation plan and in line with standard protocols/guidelines/materials.
- Ensure feedback and recommendations provided by the funding partner are implemented for the effective and efficient implementation of the activities.
- Ensure good coordination and timely guidance to all the team members in the office and in the field.
- Engage in performance management of project staff on a day-to-day basis respecting the organization’s HR policy.
- Build and continue proper team spirit and maintain team cohesion.
- Work closely with the finance Officer to prepare budget, amendments, and forecasts as per requirements and timeline in consultation with the funding agency.
- Coordinate with the finance officer to ensure all financial compliances and standards are well met.
- Ensure the team maintains records/documents related to project implementation e.g., event reports, case studies/success stories with relevant photographs, minutes/attendances etc.
- Ensure both project narratives and financial reports/documents are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain project documentation, including project plan, reports, meeting minutes and change requests. Ensure that these documents are well documented, easily accessible and organized/archived in a structured manner.
- Ensure close collaboration and monitoring of referral trends with the health, and psychosocial, Livelihoods for survivors and Protection actors
Duties applicable to all staff
|1.||Abide by and work in accordance with the organization’s principles/policies and code of conduct. Adhere to all safeguarding and PSEAH terms and conditions.|
|2.||Work actively towards the achievement of the broader goals and objectives of the project.|
|3.||Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the agency/line manager.|
|Masters in social science, development studies, gender studies or relevant discipline||X|
|Minimum three years experiences in protection sector specific interventions, specifically Gender based violence and women empowerment projects.||X|
|Proficient in project management tools and resources and their application/usage||X|
|Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices to drive project success.||X|
|Experience in case management and referral mechanism/pathways||X|
|Experience working and collaborating with different district and local bodies and authorities to address identified protection-specific concerns/cases.||X|
|Experience in facilitating meetings, documenting minutes, and ensuring action items are completed.||X|
|Experience in developing and conducting trainings, workshops/seminars and community mobilization interventions.||X|
|Knowledge of project budgeting and financial tracking to ensure projects are executed within allocated resources.||X|
|Experience working in Rautahat or other districts of Madhesh province.||X|
|Knowledge and Skills|
|Strong knowledge on Gender Empowerment and Social Inclusion (GESI), women empowerment,, violence prevention, referral pathways||X|
|Strong computer literacy and knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications such as excel .||X|
|Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation and communication skill||X|
|Ability to analyze project requirements, identify potential risks and issues and develop mitigation strategies.||X|
|Sound Nepali and English communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)||X|
|Ability to work in a diverse environment with short deadlines and intense pressure and meet deadlines||X|
|Sensitive and responsive to Gender, Age Diversity, and Social Inclusion||X|
|Ability to conduct/organize workshops and meetings independently||X|
|Ability to adapt to changing project priorities and handle unexpected challenges||X|
|Good analytical skills and innovative problem solver||X|
|Strong organizational and multitasking skills to effectively manage project timelines, resources, and deliverables.||X|
|Two-wheeler vehicle with a driving license||X|
|Ability to communicate in the local language (Bajika)||X|
Application Deadline: Tuesday 6th June, 2023