Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Director. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Project Director’s main responsibility is to ensure smooth, timely and quality implementation of the project that aims to increase the resiliency of local communities to child labor and/or forced labor in the context of a changing climate in Nepal. S/he will have a demonstrated experience on the impact of climate change, child protection systems and ways to address child and/or forced labor, with preferably a working knowledge on the impact of climate change on children. S/he will maintain appropriate project delivery systems, ensures contractual requirements are met and maintain positive relationship with relevant stakeholders including all three tiers of government (federal, provincial and local) along with relevant line ministries and institutions and both private and public institutions. S/he will embed a Human Centred Design approach into programming and follow a collaborative and adaptive approach to project delivery.
Plan International also seeks the following position for an anticipated Department of State program in Nepal. This position is contingent upon donor funding and approval.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Master Degree in development-related field / Social Sciences (International Development, Economics, Public Policy or Social Development).
- Relevant Education with focus on Child Labor issues and Climate Change Adaptation would be preferred.
- At least seven to ten years of demonstrated experience in project management and implementation with experience leadership and managerial role in International Organisations.
- Excellent track record of building relationships with institutional and corporate donors.
- Demonstrable knowledge of grants acquisition and compliance processes and practices, as a result of study, training or practical experience.
- Knowledge of the individual donors’ interests, priorities and requirements.
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International has worked in 42 districts in Nepal since 1978.
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Our ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates (for an anticipated project) who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Monday 25th Sep, 2023