Accelerating Water and Sanitation for all (ASWA) – UNICEF announces vacancy for Project Engineer – Water Supply and WASH in Institutions . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The duration of the contract is for nine months. The contract is expected to commence from 1 December 2019 and end by 31 August 2020.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Additional training In Water Supply projects and WASH in Institutions focusing to lift with overhead tank type project. 2.
- At least four years of professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national/Local government, NGOs or private sector.
- Good technical knowledge on the theories, principles and methods of water supply project of lift with overhead tank type and WASH in institutions,
- Water supply projects management, appropriate water supply and quality technology, sustainability of water supply and sanitation,
- Practical experience of implementing WASH in Institutions facilities in close consultation with users
- General knowledge of methodology of programme/project management, programmatic goals, visions specifically of WASH Sector programmes,
- Good knowledge on governance in the current federal structure context.
- Good knowledge and skills in negotiation with local government and community groups and NGOs
- Knowledge of human rights and gender/disability issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNICEF/ Govt’s position and approaches.
Language Proficiency/ Computer skill
- Proficient in speaking/writing in English and Nepali. Language skill in Maithili/Bhojpuri is an asset.
- Good computer skill in Excel, Words, PowerPoint, and database management.
- Has two-wheeler driving license and holding own motorbike for travel to the field,
- Female, people from disadvantaged group, marginalized and indigenous community are highly encouraged to applyy.
Application deadline : 3rd December , 2019