Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Manager . Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
Provide strategic, technical and managerial leadership for the NORAD funded “Preventing Child, Early and Forced Marriage,” an integrated components of Care and Protection, Learn and Earn, Lead and Decide.
The Project Manager based in Nepalgunj, Field Office, Banke will take overall leadership in ensuring that the Project is implemented in all 3 districts (Bardia, Jumla and Kalikot) and at Province and Federal Levels as per the design of the project. At Federal and Province levels, Project Manager will be engaged in policy dialogues and advocacy as required.
Educational Qualifications and work experience
- Master’s Degree in development-related field, preferably Human Rights, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Gender & Development, Political Science, and Public Policy Administration.
- At least 6 years of job experience in related field especially in a managerial role including grants management
- Experience in rights-based approaches to development. Experience engaging with governments and/or multilateral institutions.
- Understanding of the structures, processes and trends in the Nepal political system.
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and conducting power and political analysis.
- Capacity to produce evidence-based robust position as required.
- Demonstrable strength in organising events.
- Good understanding of the national and international environment on development trend.
- Commitment to Plan’s goals, mission, values and approach including the ability to lead on safeguarding and child protection matters where necessary.
- Experience of working for an international organisation
- Good written and verbal English and Nepali skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills for team working in multi-lingual and multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrably strong verbal and written communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and be innovative, set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strategic, analytical, negotiation skill and decision making skills.
- Able to create linkages, networking, lobbying and advocating with relevant stakeholders.
- Good awareness and analysis of sensitivities attached with the government functionaries.
- Ability to articulate the vision of Plan’s programme to different audiences.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 52 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. The main program areas in its new Country Strategy are Early Childhood Development, Education, Youth Economic Empowerment, Child Protection and Resilience, including humanitarian assistance as required.
Application Deadline : 23rd Feb 2020