Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Officer: Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Development (YEED) project .Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
The Project Officer (PO) will be overall responsible for project and partnership management in district. S/he will provide technical support to implementing partner organization for the “Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Development (YEED) Project”. The Project Officer (PO) will be based in partner office under Regional Office – East, Dhanusha district as per need of project will visit Sindhuli. PO will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of Micro Enterprise Development and job placement of vocational training graduate in coordination and collaboration with private sectors, government line agencies and other likeminded organization. The PO will require to represent Plan International Nepal at local, provincial and federal level as required. The position holder will also be responsible to assist PS of YEED project in planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting. S/he will be required to prepare quarterly/annual report, progress reports and case stories. This position holder requires to work in coordination with different departments of Plan International Nepal. This position requires ensuring compliance of organization and donor.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor Degree in development-related field, priority will be given to EDF graduates with Bachelor Degree in Enterprise Development,
- Management, Social Sciences, TEVT, Development Studies having experiences with training delivered of SIYB/Micro Enterprise, Life Skills,
- Financial literacy and job placement of vocational training graduates with 1-2 years of experience in related sector
- Experience in rights-based approaches to development with the experience of government private sectors, CSOs, Technical Training Provider (TTP) and/or multilateral institutions and job provider agencies
- Prior experience in an integrated project with the component related to economic empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Technical and Vocational Education (TEVT), Micro Enterprise Development, DRM, community mobilization would be an asset.
- Experiences in carrying out Rapid Market Assessment (RMA) for potentiality of employment and job creation
- Experience in working with diverse geography and team.
- Experience in partnership management and capacity development of partner staff.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 11 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 14th March 2023.