Plan International Nepal announces vacancy for Project Specialist. Interested candidates can apply for the job. Read the full article below for the job details.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
With direct supervision of regional manager and matrix reporting with ERM at Country Office (CO), this position is responsible to oversee and ensure a high-quality project delivery/ implementation of humanitarian response and recovery projects within Plan International Nepal working areas especially in Jajarkot and Rukum West of Karnali Province of Nepal. The humanitarian projects will be implemented through local partners in respective districts to achieve the set targets of individual projects within short interval of time. As per the current scenario of earthquake in Karnali Province of Nepal, this position will be based in Jajarkot or Rukum West for immediate response and early recovery activities.
Engage with Emergency Response Manager (ERM) and regional office staffs (finance, MERL) for implementation of the activities mentioned in response and recovery activities in earthquake affected districts. This role is crucial for implementation of humanitarian response and recovery programming of Plan International Nepal including humanitarian preparedness of organizations to meet the goal of global and country strategy. With technical guidance from supervisor this role is overall support for implementation of humanitarian programs including budgeting, planning, implementation, coordination with concerned stakeholders including government, partners management, budget management, cluster engagement etc. Engaging with Business Development (BD) team, s/he will ensure the Plan and/or donor compliance and timely reporting for different projects related to DRM and humanitarian. Furthermore, she/he will be responsible to provide technical guidance to partners for effective implementation of the humanitarian response and recovery project.. She/he will work closely with management and ERM in enhancing partner’s capacity and also support management in making informed decision on partnership. The position will represent Plan International in various forums in the respective sector/s; clusters at federal/provincial, district; local government at rural/municipal level. The position will also work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team of Plan International Nepal to enhance the capacity and skill of partner NGO on the sector of data management, capture the evidences and reporting of the specified project and other DRM, Humanitarian interventions. The position will also work with ICC team, operation (logistics and procurement), finance, program quality and innovation (PQI) etc. colleagues of Plan International Nepal.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in Disaster Risk Management/Risk Reduction, Humanitarian Degree, Environment Sciences and/or International Development with minimum 4-5 years of experience including grants management for humanitarian projects.
- Master degree in Disaster Risk Management/Risk Reduction, Environmental Science, Humanitarian Degree and/or International Development at least 2-3 years of experience in humanitarian sector
- Experience in project implementation, partnership management, government engagement, designing / managing of integrated humanitarian projects.
- Sufficient knowledge on disaster risk management (DRM) and humanitarian response/recovery
- Proven track record of leading for implementation of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) programming for any humanitarian programs.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery including digital Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) programming with Nepalese context.
- Proven knowledge of budget tracking and management especially in humanitarian context.
- Knowledge of MERL, and procurement for humanitarian projects.
- Understanding of Nepal’s national disaster management structure, systems, plans and priorities including sectoral emergency preparedness and response mechanisms.
- Extensive experience and expertise in humanitarian models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building, project management and organizational development for staffs and communities.
- Experience in networking/engaging with key actors.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills.
- Good understanding of the processes by which you achieve policy change and of how to conduct power and political analysis.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines when working under pressure on a number of projects.
- Commitment to Plan’s values including the rights and needs of children.
- Experience of working for an international organisation.
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education & Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women so they are fully prepared for and equipped to adapt and thrive in a changing climate; both in development & humanitarian setting/ context.
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and.
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 5th Dec, 2023